Ocean Island Inn | Backpackers | Suites in Victoria BC is seeking a full-time Housekeeping Supervisor to join our dynamic team!
Ocean Island Inn was established in 1998 - it is locally owned and operated, with approximately 20-25 different staff members at any given time. We're lively and upbeat, with an in-house licensed Cafe and Lounge that's open 5-11pm seven days a week.
Our hostel is large, accommodating up to 185 guests; we have 10 dorm rooms and 80 different private rooms. We're a home-away-from home for people of all walks of life, from all four corners of the world.
We have an unbeatable atmosphere and an all-star team of staff members; we're looking to expand our hostel family and welcome a full-time housekeeping supervisor!
- The position involves supervising housekeepers during the busy summer months, and both supervision and housekeeping tasks over the winter.
- Training and supervising our delightfully rag-tag band of international volunteer housekeepers, as well as our regular housekeeping staff.
- Creating the housekeeping staff schedule and staffing planning with the managers.
- Maintaining Ocean Island Inn’s high standard of cleanliness throughout our facility.
- Providing a clean, friendly and inviting environment for our global travelers to relax and feel at home in.
- Ordering and purchasing of housekeeping and other products.
- Liaising with the office, front desk and maintenance departments.
- Room to grow: opportunity to take on more responsibilities in facility management as well as to train and gain experience in other departments such as front desk.
Qualifications & Qualities:
- Housekeeping experience in a hotel or other accommodation business is essential.
- A friendly but firm approach to supervising and working with people.
- Positive attitude, excellent communicator and good motivator.
- Energetic, with an eye for detail.
- Skills in planning, organization and effective time management.
- Must have initiative, the ability to work independently and to be calm in a busy environment.
- Comfortable working with computers
- A driver’s license.
The Fine Print:
- Compensation is competitive and depends on experience and performance. It can also include benefits such as a medical plan and extended paid time off.
- Hospitality industry discounts, and freebies in Victoria and the region and at traveler accommodation in North America.
- The shifts are typically 9am-5:30pm.
- The position is full time and ongoing.
- We are flexible with time off, so you can do travelling of your own or whatnot.
- Our staff grow with us and there are always opportunities to advance.
For more information about Ocean Island and what we do, check out www.oceanisland.com. Email your resume and cover letter (with the name of the position) to jobs[at]oceanisland.com. Or stop by to check us out and drop off your resume in person- we're at 791 Pandora Avenue.
Ocean Island Inn | Backpackers | Suites opened in 1998, as Ocean Island Backpackers Inn. Since that time, we have continually upgraded our...