MPC Consulting Ltd. is pleased to offer a permanent Senior Electrical/Control Systems/SCADA Engineer position for a hands-on, energetic person who wants to work for a company where they can make a difference. Our office, based in Sidney BC, affords our staff with the best work location, climate, and lifestyle opportunities found anywhere in Canada.
As a Senior Engineer you will have a minimum of 15 years of directly related experience and possess a strong background in electrical control systems and SCADA systems. Although you will work predominantly in our Sidney, BC office, you will be required to undertake travel to regional and international project site locations periodically.
To be successful in this challenging role you will also need to be self-motivated and possess strong client service and communication skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships.
As a member of our team, your job duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure successful implementation and completion of projects as per criteria, budget and time;
- Create and develop site standards and specifications relating to controls and instrumentation for a large-scale implementation of a PLC/SCADA system;
- Advise clients on areas such as implementation of control systems;
- Direct vendors to ensure successful project implementation, act as agent for our clients;
- Analyze problems, organize information, identify key factors, identify underlying causes, and generate solutions;
- Evaluate client requests and provide solutions, ranging from contract administration to technical implementation of specific projects;
- Evaluate large-scale technical submissions and provide clear and concise feedback;
- Provide engineering expertise and advise in areas such as:
- Control system s design and implementation;
- Problem solving during the detail design and construction phases of projects.
- Evaluate, design, and support the most highly technical and complex aspects of industrial controls and SCADA communications, infrastructures and related real time system, under minimal direction;
- Design, oversee implementation of, and maintain highly advanced network strategies to meet a broad spectrum of business needs as they relate to industrial controls and SCADA networks;
- Specify and procure items such as PLC’s, SCADA, MCC’s, motors, VFD and Instrumentation;
- Perform administrative duties such as preparation and management of meeting agendas and project schedules;
- You will also possess strong research and writing skills as well as a working knowledge of ISA standards.
Key elements for the role include:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science;
- A P.Eng. designation is preferred;
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience designing, configuring and supporting industrial controls and SCADA devices on a data network, including HMIs, PLCs, RTU’s etc., OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously or a single project of major size and scope;
- Experience specifying instrumentation including smart instruments;
- Experience preparing quotes;
- Experience writing technical reports, site standards, specifications;
- Must be authorized to work in Canada;
- Must be willing to travel nationally and internationally.
The successful candidate will be involved in technically challenging projects while working within a team of dedicated professionals. In recognition of your skills and experience we offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A positive and challenging work environment with opportunities to significantly impact learning and personal development.
- The opportunity to be a part of exciting local, national and international projects with a professional organization
MPC Consulting Ltd. is Vancouver Island's (British Columbia, Canada) premier engineering company in the field of industrial automation. Our focus is on complete design and build projects that include Industrial Control Systems, Instrumentation, and SCADA systems. We have delivered a variety of projects and services for customers in Western Canada, the USA, and with high-profile international customers. MPC has the expertise and capability to execute all aspects of typical Control Systems projects – including engineering , detailed design, system programming and configuration, instrumentation specification as well as control panel fabrication. Our unique end-to-end competency allows us to offer customers a complete “design build” option to meet all project needs from a single source.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment, competitive employment conditions, and an opportunity to test your critical thinking and problem solving abilities, we invite you to share your talent with our expertise by submitting your resume via email . For further information about MPC and the position please go to www.mpcconsulting.net
We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.