MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT
Obstetrician/Gynecologist is pleased to offer part time employment to an experienced Medical Office Assistant. This practice provides Obstetric and Gynecologic coverage in Victoria, British Columbia. The position will initially work out of an Oak Bay medical office with limited work from home. This will develop into working in multiple offices in the greater Victoria area.
To be successful in this position you will need to be self-motivated and possess strong client service and communication skills, with the ability to demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to adapt to working in a multi-office setting.
Interested applicants are invited to send their resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, c/o Lori Fitzgerald at HRG Human Resources Group via the email listed or fax 1-866-773-0685.
The closing date for applications is 9:00 A.M. on May 6, 2013.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Medical Office Assistant certificate, and
- Minimum two (2) years medical office experience, or
- A combination of education and experience.
- Experience with ACCURO or other electronic medical record (EMR) system;
- British Columbia Health Care Billing experience;
- Experience in keyboarding, word processing and other standard computer applications;
- Medical transcription and terminology experience;
- Experience scheduling and co-ordinating appointments;
- Possess valid Standard First Aid and CPR "C" Certificates.
- Schedule, coordinate, and confirm office appointments, check-ups and physician referrals, consultations, lab and diagnostic tests;
- Greet and check-in clients and ensure quality customer service to clients at all times;
- Maintain electronic filing systems;
- Manage the physician’s full schedule, including on-call time, time at the emergency room, walk-in or urgent-care, meetings or speaking engagements;
- Draft, edit, keyboard, mail, and file a variety of documents including notes, correspondence, and consultations;
- Transcribe dictations and notes as required including the preparation of correspondence between the physician, clients and other stakeholders;
- Register, file, and maintain electronic medical records via ACCURO– update address, phone number, allergies etc. on each visit ; ensure patient's records are up-to-date and correct;
- Prepare examination rooms, deliver client to rooms, and chaperone clients when required; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations and procedures; and ensure instruments are cleaned and sterilized;
- Accurate completion and processing of medical insurance claims, medical billing (as per MSP guidelines), and electronic claims, incorporating correct coding procedures, and reconcile all billings;
- Receive insurance co-pay payments and post amounts paid to client accounts;
- Provide office administration duties, including receiving, logging, sorting, and distributing incoming and outgoing electronic mail, telephone messages, and faxes; answer telephone; and arrange for courier pickup and deliveries;
- Respond to inquiries from clients and other stakeholders; explain hospital admission procedures to clients;
- Promote a safe work place; ensure that all established safety procedures are followed;
- Carry out other duties essential to the position as directed by the Physician.
The Medical Office Assistant is in a position of trust; therefore, a current Criminal Record check will be required from proposed employees.
We thank all applicants for their interest in these positions. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.