Work closely with the Director of Business Development to identify and research prospective clients.
About the Position
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you will be responsible for generating new opportunities. Working closely with the Director of Business Development, you will identify and research prospective clients, generate lists of decision-makers, and reach out via email and by phone.
BDR is a new and exciting role at Myplanet, giving you the opportunity to rapidly learn about the business and cultivate invaluable consultative sales skills while testing your communications skills to their limits. It will require hard work, potentially long hours, and a lot of hustle, but with support from your team it will quickly pay off. Success as a BDR will lead to opportunities to take and grow specific client accounts as an Account Lead or, eventually, a Strategic Account Manager.
- You're a hustler. 'Nuff said
- You’re crazy (like a fox!). If we do the same things as everyone else, we’ll get mediocre results. This position requires you to question every idea, test every assumption, and pivot as we see where the true opportunities lie.
- You have a degree in Business, Economics or Marketing. Or, you're an engineering or comp sci grad with strong communications skills.
- You can talk the talk. You have excellent verbal & written communcation skills.
- You’re #1 at something. Show us you know how to be great, whether it’s as a cyclist or professional hacky-sack enthusiast.
- You get stuff done. Cut through internal politics.You would rather just do it than debate it, then get feedback from end users to make it better.
- You’re intense. You don’t stop until you get what you want.You have “the look”, described by some as “fire in the eyes” and by the less-informed as “bats#%t crazy”.
Myplanet is a rapidly growing design & technology company specializing in the process and practice of envisioning, designing and building digital products. Our expertise rests on three key pillars: lean user experience design, agile product development, and open source software. Based in Toronto, our team of over 90 represents a full complement of designers, user researchers, developers, QA specialists, and business analysts.
We're proud of our culture, our space, and our working experience. Why work at Myplanet? Competitive salaries and amazing project opportunities are a minimum. Here's a quick break down of where we go above and beyond:
Take all that knowledge everywhere you go with your fancy new Kindle.
We structure each team at our company to act like its own mini-startup.
Bi-weekly meetings with a professional development advisor.
We support our team members attending and speaking at industry conferences.
Decorate yourself with shirts, bouncy balls, and everything else that has a Myplanet doodle on it.
Expand your skills. From marketing texts to obscure mathematical tomes, if you need it, you’ve got it.
- Extensive Health Coverage.
Need a massage? Want to hit up the chiropractor? Chipped a tooth attempting a backflip? You’re covered.
Being awesome is easy with this bi-weekly day dedicated to professional development, be it personal projects or learning new skills.
Join our awesome weekly guided yoga & meditation sessions.
Studies have shown that standing for at least part of the day is healthier. So stand, sit, or hang upside down from the ceiling.
Wondering what to drink this Friday afternoon? Stop wondering – start enjoying fine local beers during Myplanet Beer O’Clock.
How To Apply
Apply now to be a part of the Myplanet story - http://myplanetdigital.com/businessanalystcareers