Established in 1997, Manitobah Mukluks, an Aboriginal-owned Canadian manufacturer of footwear, continues the rich tradition of Aboriginal Peoples by creating authentic, functional footwear that connects past traditions of using distinctive leather, furs and beadwork with new materials and production techniques. With a global brand established and international sales partnerships created to meet growing demand, this organization is poised for continued growth and success.
Headquartered in Winnipeg, you can be part of this exciting company who is seeking a dynamic and energetic financial professional to join their team. You are seeking an opportunity to be part of the management team and would like to help contribute and build on the accomplishments the company has achieved to-date.
If you are a self-motivated financial professional who thrives in a fast-paced, multi-faceted and entrepreneurial work environment, this is role that you will thrive in. You are up to the challenge of rolling up your sleeves and taking an emerging international organization the next level. In your career you have demonstrated your skills and proficiency as an accountant in developing and implementing financial systems, controls and best practices which meet the current and future demands of a fast growing company.
As Controller you will be responsible for the day-to-day financial activities of the organization including: bank reconciliations, budgeting and forecasting, analysis, financial reporting and preparation of financial statements, strategic financial planning, monitoring compliance and managing contracts. Demonstrated supervisory and project management would round out your qualifications with the following fundamental requirements:
- A post secondary education in a relevant field, and pursuing an accounting designation (CGA, CMA), and a minimum of (3) years hand-on accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Proficient working knowledge and proficiency in budgeting and forecasting exercises, financial analysis and reporting and year-end audit processes;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, combined with demonstrated diplomacy, tact, sound judgment and decision making abilities;
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain effective networks and relationships with all internal and external stakeholders; and
- Strong proficiency in accounting software; and
- Experience with enterprise resource planning systems (ERP) and working in a manufacturing environment would be considered assets.
To explore this exciting opportunity further, please contact Deanne Cockell at (204) 416-7452 or via email through this job posting. For the complete job profile, please copy and paste this link into your browser - http://www.higginsinc.com/wcm-docs/opportunities/MM_-_Controller_-_Job_Profile.pdf.