For over 30 years SRB Education Solutions Inc. has delivered a growing range of software to meet the administrative needs of the North American K-12 education sector.
L4U™ Library Software, a division of SRB, develops, publishes, and markets the award winning L4U™ integrated Library automation software. L4U has been serving K-12 schools, public Libraries, special Libraries, academic Libraries and media/resource centers for 25 years. L4U is installed in over 2,700 Libraries in North America and internationally in China, Japan, Africa and Europe.
We are seeking to fill the permanent position of Technical Support Analyst. This position is based out of our L4U office in beautiful Kelowna, BC, Canada.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to L4U customers over the phone and via remote support tools.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of L4U software modules; Responds to Tier 2 software support calls from clients, carry out detailed problem definition, critical analysis and research to identify the source and nature of the problem; Replicate/analyze client issues and provide resolution or detailed suggestions for each service.
- Maintain proficiency in TSA tools (i.e. WebEx, RDP, VPN etc.) to enable access to client databases and applications to provide remote-support services.
- Teach troubleshooting and business analyst skills to other Support Analysts
- Provide leadership in testing of L4U products with respect to Feature Request, defect analysis and/or improvement of existing modules; QA packaging of releases and patches.
- Provide support & maintains L4U IT network & IT infrastructure – servers, back-ups, AD, Email, Hosting environment, server monitoring tools. Provide technical support for L4U staff.
- Collaborate with other support staff in a small, close-knit team
- Thrive in a very fast paced, dynamic environment
- Care about Reading, Students, Education & Libraries!
- Proficiency in the IT platforms used by clients (workstations, servers & networks) such as Windows 7, Vista, XP Pro, MS Server 2008. Knowledge of currently supported MAC platforms (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard) desirable as well.
- Familiarity with MS Server 2008, Virtualization software, MS SharePoint, MS Exchange, MS Active Directory and webservers is preferable but not mandatory
- Able to provide leadership and direction for the Support team
- Highly customer oriented.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; Strong attention to accuracy and detail;
- Ability to work calmly under pressure. Ability to multi-task and prioritize; Proven record of meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong team player with positive attitude.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with a high degree of energy and competitiveness.
- Excellent spoken and written English
Education & Experience Required
- Requires a minimum of 1-2 years of service as a TSA Level 1.
- Microsoft MCP and A+ certification desired by not necessary.
- Understanding of basic PC, server, LAN & WAN network, internet, database, hardware, software environments.
For additional company information, please visit the following websites:
L4U – A division of SRB Education Solutions Inc.
SRB Education Solutions Inc. – A member of StarDyne Technologies Inc.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Indeed - 18 months ago