Required for a well respected company in Hamilton. Various shifts available and you must be flexible to work rotating shifts when needed.
Press operators main responsibility is to run the press.
- Cutting and mounting plates.
- Putting clean plates away.
- Reading orders and setting up press accordingly.
- Maintaining ink and supply levels and filling out requests when inventory is getting low.
- Checking print sample for accuracy to original.
- Responsible for colour and quality of printed jobs.
- To make job folders for all printed jobs.
- Fill out dispositions correctly when job is finished.
- Skidding material properly when finished.
- Making sure helpers are doing there jobs correctly.
- Keeping work area clean and safe.
- Correctly changing press over for board or paper and back again.
- Keeping press reasonably clean for printing.
These are junior level positions for mature individuals with previous press experience. Training will be provided on new equipment.
Temp to perm opportunity with room for advancement.
If this position interests you, please forward your resume asap!