About Company (www.ivoryshore.com): -
Ivoryshore is one of the leading internet marketing & web design firm based in Vancouver, Canada. Company has successfully delivered more than 300 marketing, design and online strategy projects over past 3 years. At any given point of time, Ivoryshore concurrently manages more than 50 projects.
We make this possible due to our lean & well managed process models, where we keep core team focused on essentials and outsourcing all non core tasks to contractors.
Company management has hands on experience of working with brands like Burger King, University of British Columbia, WorkSafe BC, Tedx Talk Speaker & Start Up featured on national shows like Dragon's Den. So you can expect to learn on job while working closely with the experienced team.
Job Description & Responsibilities: -
Do we want you to be multi tasker? Ok, answer is big yes : ) Do we want you to just post some tweets and pics somewhere online? Answer is big no : (, it's infact much more than that. Because good marketing is not about just tweeting or sharing some random picks. It's about proper strategy, implementation & iterations based on results we get.
- Co-ordinate with clients.
- Work with team to develop content strategies.
- Assist Project Manager with various tasks during the project implementation.
- Co-ordinate with other team-mates and contractors.
- Manage marketing channels like social media, ads etc (Training will be provided)
- Competitor analysis and relevant idea generation which can lead to tangible results.
- Create client reports and help them navigate through some unknowns (Will explain it to you in interview).
Required Experience: -
- You should be an avid reader. If you are the one who loves to read storefront names, signal signage, bumper stickers and much more while driving or sitting next to driver, then you might fit the bill. Additionally, we will ask you few questions in interview like: What's your fav youtube video, what's your fav book, fav website etc. Be prepared.
- You should be tech savvy. We don't want you to code websites, but you should definitely know about latest smart phones, using MS Office, and latest apps out there. Knowing few tricks about using wordpress sites, html etc is not necessary but good to have skills.
- Flair for writing is added advantage.
- Fluid intelligence. What the heck is this! Check it out on wikipedia. If you don't have it, make sure you prepare well for interview. If you can clear the interview means you got it!
- You got to be attention to detail person. No mess ups while writing emails. Please double check your emails, reports before submissions. If you do it, you are in!
- Result oriented. Creativity and ideas are awesome, but what gets us all paid is: Results. So bottom line should be, whatever you do, should either take you a step closer to the expected result or atleast should be a mistake enough to generate enough learning experience.
If you notice, two bullet points are left blank. Mention two points in your application (email or cover letter) while applying & let us know two more points which you think fits well in "required experience" for this job.
Education requirement: -
Recent grad or undergrad student in her 3rd year of schooling is eligible to apply. And if you believe you are really really made for this position, then no formal requirements, just convince us and we will hire you.
How to apply: -
Email us at info at ivoryshorewebsite.com (Remember, email id is @ivoryshorewebsite.com and not ivoryshore.com. So there is "website" in the email id.
Send us following details: -
1. Answer to above mentioned two blank bullet points
2. Resume (no longer than 2 pages, 1 is even better)
3. Cover Letter (less than 400 words)
4. Links to your Social profiles, if any (Linkedin etc)
5. Any particular work sample you wish to share.
Compensation & working hours:
It's part time position (and can be converted to full time too by seeing your dedication & work)
For Starters you can expect to earn @ approx. $12.50/hour +/- depending on your experience.
Working hours: approx. 4 hrs/day/5 days a week. i.e 20 hours/week.
Minimum 8-10 hrs strictly in office and remaining 10 can be work from home (Depending on what project you are working and how much assistance you need). We can negotiate working hours if you need to accommodate any of your other commitments.
We are accepting applications on rolling basis. Job will start as soon as we get our rockstar!
So we are waiting for your application and excited to meet you.
Note: We do try to respond back to almost all the applications but due to sheer volume of applications in certain cases you may not hear back from us. Not hearing back doesn't mean you were not good, it just means that it was someone else's day.
However if you need serious feedback on your application, follow up after 30 days of your application and one of our management will love to provide you feedback. After all, once we were students too (or recent grads) and were craving for feedbacks on why I was not selected or what else I can do to market myself even better : )
(Fact: For one of our recent posting we received 67 applications and responded back at least with thanks or next steps to 45 of them, that in itself is 450 mins of work)
All the Best!