Job Title: Site Shipper/ Receiver (21/7 Rotation)
Location: Various Locations
The Shipper/ Receiver will support the Site Work & Field Services department by taking care of materials, products, goods and equipment for specific job site. This is a safety sensitive position, and as such requires pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Process incoming requisitions /requests – fill, forward to purchasing, file.
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish parts and supplies, for the day by day operations.
- Receive and sort incoming parts and supplies.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in a warehouse, tool room, supply room or other designated areas.
- Maintain records of orders and the amount, kind and location of parts and supplies on hand using manual inventory system.
- Organize and prepare for return – excess, damaged, rejected material or the rented equipment/tools.
- Daily pre-trips and/or post-trips for forklift/yard vehicle to check for problems or equipment failure and note deficiencies on reports.
- Use a gas or diesel powered forklift to load and unload, move or stack materials or products.
- Being part of the production/construction in order to be met the deadlines on site.
- General job site cleanup, to ensure a high level of housekeeping in designated areas.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment at all times during work hours.
- Complete daily Job Hazards Assessments and Pre Job Task Hazard Analysis forms.
- Inform your superior about any observations (as receiving, safety or damage material or property, etc ).
- Package and crate products to ship out to Job sites.
- Prepare packing ships.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Able to demonstrate organizational, time-management and decision-making skills.
- Able to manage a fluctuating workload and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Able to work individually and as a team member able to safely and comfortably carry out physical duties – lift max 45 lb and walk on rough terrain.
- Attention to the details ( clean up , stock level, observe damages, etc )
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to operate all hand and power tools required to perform tasks specific to trade.
- Attention to health/safety of self and co-workers.
Education & Experience
- Work requires an education background normally equivalent to high school. Specialized training for a parts clerk in high school or college is an asset.
- A 2-3 years of experience as warehouse worker is preferred.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment is required.
The intent of this job description is to provide someone who wants to learn and has drive to do a professional job with types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description
To apply for this position:
Mail: PO Box 3094 Kamloops, BC V2C 6B7
Fax: (250) 828-2025
Email: please apply to add
We thank every applicant for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.