Participate in the set up, renovation, and dismantling of temporary and permanent of portable buildings. The Site Electrician will install electrical components according to electrical scopes and prints. This is a safety sensitive position, and as such requires pre-employment and pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Carry out work on new manufactured and renovated buildings.
- Load and unload construction materials, and move materials to work areas.
- Perform rough in and finishing electrical work with lumex wire, BX, Tech Cable, and Cab tire.
- Install fire alarm systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Splice, join and connect wires.
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults.
- Install, replace and repair electrical controls, panel boxes, HVAC units, and furnaces.
- Test and measure voltage, loads, ground faults integrity of circuits.
- Clean work areas and equipment, including saws.
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites.
- Understand all safety procedures of work place.
- Uses ladders as required.
- Perform heavy manual labor, including bending, stooping, reaching, carrying and lifting heavy objects weighing up to 45 lbs.
- Requires manual dexterity of both hands and feet to perform activities such as lifting overhead, twisting and bending while lifting, climbing ladders and stairs while wearing protective equipment, and working in confined spaces, including repetitive arm motion below, at, and above shoulder level.
- Walks approximately 2-4 kilometers per day on a variety of surfaces including, concrete and gravel.
- Cleans and stores tools and equipment and cleans work sites.
- Completes daily Job Hazards Assessments and Pre Job Task Hazard Analysis forms.
- Wears required Personal Protective Equipment at all times during work hours.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
We thank every applicant for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Horizon North Manufacturing/ Northern Trailer is part of the Horizon North Logistics (TSX: HNL) group of companies. Horizon North offers a...