Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator, Site Work & Field Services
Location: Kamloops, BC
Reporting directly to the Manager, Human Resources, the HR Coordinator, Site Work & Field Services will be responsible for providing guidance, support, and coordination in the consistent and effective application of policies, procedures, and practices of the Human Resources department for the Site Work & Field Services division. The HR Coordinator, Site Work & Field Services will be responsible for travelling to various projects and providing on-site HR Support as required.
- Support management and supervisors on matters relating to progressive discipline and performance management.
- Recommend appropriate corrective action for employee behavioural issues and provide mediation service when needed to achieve resolution.
- Assist the HR Manager with responding to workplace complaints, including investigation of harassment issues.
- Provide information to employees, supervisors and management on company policies, employee job duties, working conditions, wages, employee development and health benefits.
- Respond to day-to-day employee questions & concerns as required.
Training & Development
- Coordinate and set up other job specific training as required.
- Performance Management
- Monitor Performance Appraisal program for hourly/ trades staff.
- Coach supervisors on conducting effective performance appraisals.
- Ensure set target dates for worker appraisals (3-Month/ Annual) are met.
- Manage employee terminations in conjunction with the HR Manager (resignations, dismissals, leave of absences, shortage of work).
- Administer Education Assistance Program.
Disability Management/ Return to Work Program (Non-Work Related Injuries)
- Track employees on Short Term Disability/ Medical Leave and update supervisors and managers on the status of the employees leave.
Occupational Health & Safety
- Substance Abuse Program
- Coordinate Pre-Employment, Pre-Access, Reasonable Cause, Post-Incident, and Follow up Testing.
- Manage positive test results in conjunction with the HR Manager through worker accommodation and accountability. With supervisor, issue corrective action and outline requirements for Substance Abuse Professional evaluation and follow up testing.
- Assist HR Manager with administering the corporate Wellness Program.
- Coach employees on how this program works.
- Review and process all employee hourly wage increase advisements.
- Assist with administering non-monetary incentives, i.e. Long Term Service Awards.
- Attracting, screening and selecting qualified candidates for hourly positions.
- Create job descriptions for SWFS positions in coordination with the Hiring Manager.
- Prepare for and attend career fairs in communities that the company operates in.
- Coach employees on Group Benefits & Pension and assist with other payroll concerns as required by the payroll department.
- Ensure all HR forms, policies and manuals are maintained to date.
- Assist with ensuring apprentices are indentured as required and that all hours and reporting required is kept up to date with the Industry Training Authority.
- Drafts letters for managers regarding wage increases, benefits, offer of employment, discipline, and all other employee relation letters.
- Assist with other HR projects and duties as required.
Company Events & Charitable Involvement
- Oversee the organizing and coordinating of company sponsored events and community charitable involvement.
Record & Document Management
- Maintain employee personnel files and training record database.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to make decisions independently and in a timely manner.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Above average computer knowledge, specifically in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Able to work as a team player as well as independently.
- Able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Able and willing to travel to site as required.
Education & Experience
- Post secondary degree or certificate in Human Resources.
- Completion or working towards a CHRP designation would be an asset.
- Manufacturing/construction environment and experience in handling a variety of situations.
- Knowledge of HR practices and procedures.
- 3-5 years of previous Human Resources experience.
To apply for this position:
Mail: PO Box 3094 Kamloops, BC V2C 6B7
Fax: (250) 828-2025
We thank every applicant for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.