Location: Kamloops, BC
Construct, erect, install, and repair structures and components of portable buildings that are made of wood, wood-substitutes and other materials. This is a safety sensitive position, and as such requires pre-employment and pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Determine specifications and calculate requirements.
- Start and complete jobs according to drawings and within the allotted time frame.
- Prepare layouts.
- Measure, cut, shape, and assemble wood materials and drywall.
- Build floor beams and sub flooring.
- Build walls and install partitions.
- Erect prefabricated roof trusses, bracing and sheathing.
- Build built-in-place flat roofs.
- Install insulation.
- Instruct carpenter's helpers/labourers as required.
- Understand all safety procedures of work place.
- Uses ladders as required.
- These tasks require work with the following tools: sawsall, skill saw, chop saw, table saw, radial arm saw, drills, drill press and air tools.
- Perform heavy manual labor, including bending, stooping, reaching, carrying and lifting heavy objects weighing up to 45 lbs.
- Requires manual dexterity of both hands and feet to perform activities such as lifting overhead, twisting and bending while lifting, climbing ladders and stairs while wearing protective equipment, and working in confined spaces, including repetitive arm motion below, at, and above shoulder level.
- Walks approximately 2-4 kilometers per day on a variety of surfaces including, concrete and gravel.
- Cleans and stores tools and equipment and cleans work sites.
- Completes daily Job Hazards Assessments and Pre Job Task Hazard Analysis forms.
- Wears required Personal Protective Equipment at all times during work hours.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Able to operate all hand and power tools required to perform tasks specific to trade.
- Able to demonstrate organizational, time-management and decision-making skills.
- Able to manage a fluctuating workload and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Able to work individually and as a team member able to safely and comfortably carry out physical duties
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to health/safety of self and co-workers.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- Mail: PO Box 3094 Kamloops, BC V2C 6B7
- Fax: (250) 828-2025
- Email: Please reply to this ad with job title in subject line
Note: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.