RESTAURANT SERVER P/T
Job Title: Restaurant Server (Part-time)
Reports To: F&B Outlets Manager and F&B Supervisors
Department: Essence of Unionville
Date: January 16,2014
The Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa is seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual to join our team. Are you passionate about providing an exceptional guest experience? If your answer is “Yes”, we would like to meet you.
We do require candidates to be available on weekdays, weekends and holidays for both early morning and evening shifts.
The restaurant server is responsible for all tasks related to food and beverage service in an efficient and professional manner, in accordance with Hilton standards. This position is committed to providing genuine hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Servers will be responsible for engaging in casual conversation with guests; creating an excellent service experience by anticipating guest requests; gaining menu knowledge and giving recommendations from our compilation of cuisine and drink offerings; general restaurant preparation and maintaining a sanitary environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take ownership of all guests’ complaints and rectify the complaint quickly and efficiently.
- Double-check your station for proper set-up and cleanliness.
- Check and set up all mis-en-place for your shift. I.e. Doilied plates, coffee, pepper-mill, cheese grater, wine bucket, linen water jugs, etc.
- Know the soup and any specials of the day and inform guests during order taking.
- Greet all guests with a smile and appropriate greeting.
- Always use suggestive selling techniques and up-selling skills.
- Demonstrate product knowledge of the menu, hotel property and surrounding area.
- Ensure all food and beverage items meet department and Hilton standards before serving to guests.
- Inform your manager/supervisor of any guest complaints or problems.
- Serve and clear all food and beverage in an organized fashion and timely manner.
- Issue and collect payment for guest check and deliver to cashier for change or settlement.
- Ensure all tables are reset in a timely manner and are reset for the following shift.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform all other related duties assigned by Management.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Possesses a passion for customer service and the ability to exceed customer expectations
- Previous restaurant experience preferred.
- Food preparation experience a definite asset.
- Must be Smart Serve certified.
- Point of Sale system experience is an asset.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Appearance must be neat and well groomed.
- Must have physical stamina to lift moderate amounts of weight.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.