Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites Conference Centre & Spa is currently searching for a high energy, motivated individual to fill the role of Host/Hostess/Cashier. The successful candidate must be a true service professional committed to the highest levels of guest satisfaction.
If you are passionate about hospitality - you are the person we are looking for!
The Host/Hostess/Cashier will be responsible for providing consistently high-levels of customer service to all restaurant guests by providing prompt service, and maintaining a strong working knowledge of all menu items and daily specials. It is his/her duty to ensure the highest quality of service, professionalism, courtesy, and thoughtfulness for every single guest. Other responsibilities include settling checks, attending to phone calls, taking reservations and room service orders, and ensuring compliance with all restaurant policies and procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet guests upon arrival by approaching them and making them feel welcome.
- Seat guests by pulling out chairs, presenting menus, promoting any buffets or specials and informing the guest of their server’s name.
- Be present in full uniform by your scheduled start time, keeping in mind that your uniform is to be clean, pressed and including your name badge.
- Answer all incoming phone calls.
- Receive and record guests’ reservations and assign tables.
- Record all tables, number of guests and server’s name on the cover-tracking sheet. Ensure that all guests are distributed evenly between servers.
- Speak with guests to ensure satisfaction with food and service, and attend to complaints.
- Take ownership of all guests’ complaints and rectify the complaint quickly and efficiently.
- Accept payment from guests for food and beverage.
- Provide service to the take-out pastry area including taking orders.
- Record and be aware of the daily specials, prepare tent cards for buffet items.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by F&B Outlets Manager/Supervisor
- Strong customer service background, preferably in a restaurant setting.
- College diploma or GED required.
- Must be flexible with shifts and hours.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Appearance must be neat and well groomed.
- Must have a cheerful disposition, a positive attitude and be detail oriented.
- Point of Sale systems experience an asset.
- Ability to handle cash.
- Good command of and fluent in English.
- Physical Demands: Excessive standing, walking, lifting and a little bending.
Indeed - 21 months ago