Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites Conference Centre and Spa is currently searching for a high energy, motivated individual to fill the role of Guest Services Supervisor. The successful candidate must be a true service professional committed to the highest levels of guest satisfaction.
If you are passionate about hospitality - you are the person we are looking for!
The Guest Services Supervisor will supervise the operations and personnel of the Front Desk, including Guest Service Agents, Switchboard and Door Persons/Bell Desk functions in order to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Front Office. The position involves coordinating Front Office activities in order to maintain the highest occupancy possible, as well as resolving any problems in a timely manner. The Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for organizing and cross training a team, which can interchange duties. Other responsibilities include handling special requests and inquiries to ensure that customer care and service are the highest priorities for all team members.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures all services rendered to the Hotel guests are being performed promptly and efficiently to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ensures day-to-day efficiencies of the department by planning and administering duty rosters, team member training and evaluation of their performance.
- Maintains Log Book of unusual/irregular activities and reports same to the Rooms Division Manager/MOD.
- Ensures all job functions are performed to the standards as set forth by Hilton and management.
- Keeps next shift supervisor informed of pending matters/cases that require follow up action.
- Acts as backup for Guest Service Agents and Switchboard as required.
- Communicates information and maintains positive relationships with all other departments of Hotel, Spa and Club.
- Understands the application of emergency procedures and carries out these procedures accordingly.
- Provides on the job training for Guest Service Agents.
- Ensure that daily shifts are handled and managed properly, including adequate staffing levels.
- Maintains all log books for the shuttle service.
- Communicates daily with Rooms Division Manager and obtains updates of operation on a daily basis.
- Handles and resolves all guest complaints in a professional, courteous and timely manner, following up with guests to ensure their complete satisfaction.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficiency of Guest Service Agents every shift.
- Attends to Hilton Hhonors requirements.
- Allocates room assignments according to requests.
- Blocks rooms and ensures all billings are in place for groups.
- Conducts daily briefing to Guest Service Agents on a shift basis.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Rooms Division Manager.
- Ensures that team members have a safe working environment.
- Ensures that the Front Desk and lobby areas are clean and tidy.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience on Hotel Front Desk/Guest Services.
- Previous supervisory/management experience is preferred.
- Strong guest relations skills with a focus on customer service.
- Able to make decisions regarding guest service and hotel issues independently.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate employees.
- Previous experience working with OnQ
Indeed - 19 months ago