Title: Java/J2EE Technical Lead
Location: Brampton, On
Compensation: 80-85k/yr +bonus and excellent benefits (see details below job description)
JAVA/J2EE TECHNICAL LEAD
Our client is seeking a Java/J2EE Technical Lead to lead and coordinate activities of application development. Reporting to the Senior Development Manager this individual will provide technical leadership, systems analysis, design and development.
- The ideal candidate will lead and coordinates activities of application and design development requirements, unit and system integration tests, documents and implements systems and programs.
- Completes unit and integration testing, ensuring adherence to standards and design specifications.
- Writes new systems of moderate complexity, working with basic application designs and specifications, utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
- Designs and codes programs of moderate to high complexity, creates test transactions and runs tests, revises as necessary.
- Develops domain expertise in specific technical skills, tools, and techniques.
- Extends understanding of business and ITS strategies, drivers, and processes at the project to department level.
- Conducts systems analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems.
- Reviews release notes, relevant documentation and participates in code reviews.
- Provides application and user support, troubleshooting, application testing, system integration testing and post-implementation review of new/ changed applications.
- Extends awareness of risks associated with application development potential impacts, incorporating risk planning and mitigation.
- Helps select team members.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- 5+ years application engineer or relevant working experience
- Strong knowledge of Java J2EE, Junit and Knowledge of Weblogic
- Good knowledge of MS SQL, Oracle RDBMS and related technologies
- Knowledge of TeamSite an asset
- Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Strong programming skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Programming Languages
- Quick learner, eager to leverage new technologies in a dynamic team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Business Functional Knowledge
- Business Process Knowledge
- Core Application Systems
- Operational Functions
- Foundation Architecture Knowledge
- ITS Development
- Analytical Thinking
- Oral and Written Communications
- Problem Solving Communications
- Problem Solving
- A 7.5 hour work day and no weekends required.
- Overtime pay even for SALARIED employees, like this position. (Keep in mind they rarely make you work overtime there)
- An Employee Share Accumulation plan (matches 25% first year, 33% second year, 50% third year and each year after)
- A Guaranteed pension plan
- Half price off all of the company’s Products and Services, potential savings of up to $5000 a year.
- Free Parking.
Indeed - 2 years ago