Title: Java/J2EE Developer
Location: Brampton, On
Compensation: 75-85k/yr +bonus and excellent benefits (see details below job description)
Our client is seeking a Senior Java Developer to work for the Channels Sales and Distribution team. Reporting to the Project Manager-Sales & Distribution Application, this individual will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic technical solutions to meet complex business needs. This position is an exciting opportunity to influence and bring together the existing and future functionality of the Sales and Distribution systems solutions using the latest proven technologies.
- Designs and codes programs of moderate to high complexity, creates test transactions and runs tests, revises as necessary.
- Writes new systems of moderate complexity, working with basic application designs and specifications, utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
- Extends awareness of risks associated with application development potential impacts, incorporating risk planning and mitigation.
- Conducts systems analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems.
- Reviews release notes, relevant documentation and participates in code reviews.
- Leads and coordinates activities of application and design development requirements, unit and system integration tests, documents and implements systems and programs.
- Provides application and user support, troubleshooting, application testing, system integration testing and post-implementation review of new/ changed applications.
- Completes unit and integration testing, ensuring adherence to standards and design specifications.
- Develops domain expertise in specific technical skills, tools, and techniques.
- Extends understanding of business and ITS strategies, drivers, and processes at the project to department level.
- Helps select team members.
A career within the Application Development Job Family will provide you with the following development opportunities:
- Solid understanding of the businesses, well-developed people and project management skills.
- Technical/systems analysis, design, development, unit testing, system integration testing, implementation and support of software applications, using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- A custodian of established architecture, ensuring documented standards and procedures are adhered to and the smooth interpretation applications.
- Obtain the necessary clarity of the requirements, working with project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders to develop and plan technical strategies; agree upon project priorities and deliver applications that support business requirement, including systems integration testing prior to code release to Quality Assurance.
- Ensure personal, professional development for both technical and soft skills and that of the team; at the more senior levels, train and participate in company and industry working groups; encourage a culture that supports the development of innovative and effective business solutions.
- Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate.
- 4 - 6 years equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience using J2EE (Servlets, JSP, EJB,JMS) technologies and OOP principles, Framework Struts, Web Services, Java, Java Script, XML.
- 5+ years of WebLogic experience/WLI, OSB, WLS
- 5+ years working with Oracle Database
- Excellent Web Security understanding/SSO, SSL, Certificates, etc.
- Experience using Ant Script and build process
- Knowledge and experience using RQM, CQ, RTC
- Proficiency with SQL and PL/SQL
- 5+ years of experience in either systems support, system development or systems operations standards, data modeling tools, QA procedures, application and database design
- 5+ years experience working with different Operating Systems, Eclipse, Toad, ClearCase, Client-server environments, Internet, Web development and system integration
- A 7.5 hour work day and no weekends required.
- Overtime pay even for SALARIED employees, like this position. (Keep in mind they rarely make you work overtime there)
- An Employee Share Accumulation plan (matches 25% first year, 33% second year, 50% third year and each year after)
- A Guaranteed pension plan
- Half price off all of the company’s Products and Services, potential savings of up to $5000 a year.
- Free Parking.
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
GuruLink provides customized, end-to-end solutions and services that are designed to simplify the recruitment process and make it more...