Salary Range: Based on qualifications, negotiable Posted: December 17, 2012
Term: Full Time, permanent Closes: January 9, 2013
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Job Summary: The Economic Development Officer (EDO) is an individual who deals with economic development issues for the Gitmaxmak’ay Nisga’a PR/PE Society (GNS). The function of the Economic Development Officer is to be a liaison between the Society as well as prospective business people, elected leaders and outside organizations or businesses. This function is achieved by directing the human and financial resources of the Society to achieve its long-term goals and objectives.
- 2 Years (minimum) Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with First Nations organizations
- Strong financial background
- Knowledgeable of policy development and implementation
- Knowledge of delivery of public services
- Knowledge of Nisga’a culture an asset
- To research funding sources, oversee the development of fundraising plans and write fundraising proposals to increase the fund of GNS
- To prepare reports for the CEO and the Board of Directors according to established guidelines.
- To participate with Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide GNS
The successful candidate will be required to complete/provide:
Applicants are required to submit resume package consisting of a cover letter describing their qualifications, resume and 3 work related references prior to 4:30 pm on January 9, 2013. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.