IT Technical Support
(Based in Surrey, BC)
Fulton Sales/Alca Distribution is Canada’s fastest growing distributor of baby and children’s products. We sell and distribute a wide array of products to national as well as independent retailers across Canada and have developed a significant presence in the apparel, gear, footwear, maternity, sport and organic markets.
What sets us apart from the competition is our trendy & fashionable brand portfolio, our exclusive distributorship agreements in Canada, our presence in all channels (B2B & B2C) and, perhaps most importantly, our world class customer service and after sales support.
The IT Technical Support is responsible for ensuring that the company’s IT infrastructure and systems are able to support the IT and communications needs of the business. This broad-based, hands-on role is responsible for ensuring the efficient maintenance and operation of all computing equipment and systems utilized by the company in its day-to-day operations.
The appointee is also responsible for the installation and configuration of personal computers, printers and peripheral equipment, assisting with capacity planning for computer networks, providing technical support to staff and resolving issues ensuring system/data integrity is maintained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Equipment and Software Operational Support
- Configures and make operational personal computers, printers and other equipment on the computer network in a timely manner.
- Maintains existing PCs and peripherals to agreed standards by performing upgrades, new installations, patches and carrying out routine computer maintenance procedures.
- User Administration across all systems and platforms.
Equipment & Software Technical Support
- Diagnoses computer and printer hardware problems and coordinates warranty or parts replacement issues.
- Installs and provides technical support for various software programs utilized by the company (BrandWise CRM, Quickbooks, etc.) as well as in-house databases.
- Identifies software application, network and hardware malfunctions and takes appropriate action to resolve issues ensuring data/system integrity.
Data Management & Maintenance
- Creates system load files for all systems databases to refresh product information each season.
- Updates SKU information and removes discontinued SKU’s as required.
- Maintains current data files for images and Master Product Data as it relates to all product information on the company systems.
Computer Help Desk Support
- Provides IT Help Desk support and acts as the first point of contact in all computer hardware and software issues.
- Analyzes problems (both technical and operational) and arrives at workable solutions. * Dispatches vendor representatives as appropriate, to assist in resolving problems.
- Maintains the operational integrity of the company’s network and its components.
- Implements procedures to support specific application database environments including applicable HelpDesk tools.
- Monitors and maintains performance of the network and network components.
- Assists with medium and long range computer facility, data communications and systems planning.
E-commerce Technical Support
- Maintains and provides technical support to the company’s e-commerce site.
- Interfaces with vendor e-commerce contacts, developers, payment processors and retail merchant vendors as required.
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems or Computer Science with a minimum of 2 years in a similar broad-based role; or Diploma in Computer Systems or equivalent experience;
- Experience in providing broad-ranging IT support, ideally gained in a HelpDesk environment;
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows on both desktop and server;
- Thorough knowledge of, and a high degree of proficiency in, managing support of Microsoft based desktop, server and network technologies including current Microsoft Windows operating systems, Office 365, MS SQL Server, Networking, TC/IP protocol, internet software;
- A solid understanding of network technologies including TCP/IP, LAN and WAN;
- Proficient in internet related applications such as Email clients, cloud-based Software as a Service clients and web browsers;
- Web development experience in PHP and ASP;
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop to manipulate graphics for use in web applications would also be advantageous;
- Ideally experience gained in an e-commerce environment with knowledge of storefront and administration systems, including shopping cart software
- A self-starter who can take ownership of issues and quickly identify the information and knowledge needed;
- Thrives in a team environment and works well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience;
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer care skills; ability to manage the customer and interdepartmental relationship while also addressing technical issues.
Working at Fulton Sales
We are a young, entrepreneurial and rapidly growing company and our staff is passionate about what we do. We offer above market compensation and a positive working environment that encourages continuous improvement and on-going staff development.
We invite you to submit a recent copy of your resume along with a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience match the requirements for the role. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Unit 4, 2153 192nd Street,
Surrey, BC V3S 3X2