The Senior Petroleum Completion Engineer role is an integral member of a Completions Group whose principle objective is the maximisation of the deliverability and reserve development of hydrocarbon resources. Completion designs will be developed utilizing petrophysics, geomechanical and stimulation treatment data, as well as post-treatment and economic analysis. The Senior Petroleum Completion Engineer will evaluate the completion designs to determine completion efficiency and reservoir performance, and to identify production enhancements and cost reductions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare cost estimates and risk analysis for completion, workover jobs
- Design and install of tubulars, packers, subsurface control, surveillance and artificial lift equipment
- Design and execute primary and remedial cementing procedures
- Identify production and reservoir problems and design remedial programs
- Optimize completion and workover designs and operations and select appropriate equipment
- Design and monitor stimulation programs
- Design and execute well testing program and evaluate/ model the test result.
- Model completion performance of shale reservoirs with complex fracture networks and permeability distribution
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Professional Engineering (P.Eng) designation preferred, or Technologist (P.Tech, R.E.T., C.E.T.) designation
- Engineering degree or Technologist diploma
- 6 – 10 years of experience with a minimum of 3 years in completion design and operations
- Completion engineering experience is required and experience in unconventional horizontal plays is an asset
- Expertise evaluating completion efficiency and reservoir performance utilizing tools including microseismic data, applied rock mechanics, type curve analysis, production history matching, rate transient and pressure transient analysis
- A solid understanding of production engineering, reservoir engineering, oil & gas development principles, and a familiarity petroleum industry operational practices
- A solid understanding of artificial lift mechanisms.
- Advanced experience evaluating microseismic data, type curve analysis, rate and transient pressure analysis, applied rock mechanics and production history matching to judge completion efficiency and reservoir performance an asset.
- Experience with managing remote operations, multi-stage completion technologies and simultaneous operations on multi-well pads an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, plus strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate well with all levels of personnel and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in training new human resources an asset
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunity to work within an innovative, growing company
- Periodic international opportunities
We thank all who apply but only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Indeed - 23 months ago