Bilingual Accounts Payable Receivable Representative
(Bilingual French/English a must)
Please indicate in your e-mail the fluency of your French.
Bilingual French/English Required
About the Job
We are seeking one individual with accounting experience to join our team in the role of Senior Accounts payable receivable clerk. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and enjoys working in a fast paced environment to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Complete a high volume of first party, outbound calls to consumers with past due and delinquent accounts.
- Proactively analyze and communicate supplier accounts and payment arrangements / amounts owed.
- Effectively track calls and return supplier calls in a timely fashion.
- Efficiently collect on past due/delinquent accounts.
- Successfully obtain payment commitments from overdue accounts.
- Successfully resolve conflicting situations over the telephone and email.
- Successfully verify payment arrangements adhere to cash position
- Meet targets on a daily, biweekly and monthly basis.
- Receive and verify invoices comply with financial policies and procedures including approvals and department allocations
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry and post invoices
- Reconcile vendor statements to accounts payable sub ledger
- Identify and record month end accruals
- Processing invoices daily
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Must be perfectly bilingual (French & English.) Candidates should have 5 or more years of related experience in a dedicated A/P &A/R, Credit & Collections role, excellent communication and Excel skills. Experience processing large volumes of credit notes and resolving deductions will be considered a great asset.
- Strong knowledge of the Accounts Payable cycle
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications (Navision is preferred)
- Proficient in data entry and management
- 1-3 years accounts receivable / payable and general accounting experience
- Work well in a computer environment with strong MS Office skills particularly with Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed with strong organizational skill
- Experience and ability to work both independently and in a team environment