Cosmetology Instructor (Hair)
EvelineCharles Salons | Spas | Academy – Edmonton, AB
Instructors for the Eveline Charles Academy are responsible for delivering Education at the Academy. They will promote the highest level of instruction both personally and through Education Coaches by way of the ECA curriculum instructing new talent in the field of cosmetology. They are committed to making the profession stronger by promoting a professional, respectful and upbeat environment, where students will thrive under their direction. The Academy’s Mission to “Grow Industry Leaders” is top of mind and serves as the basis of all learning activities both in the classroom and on the clinic floor.
- A proven leader with the ability to manage
- Commands respect
- Extensive knowledge of Educational Program planning and delivery
- Licensed Hairstylist employed a minimum of 3 years in the industry
- Advance training in hairstyling
- Good Communicator both verbal and written
- Highly organized
- The ability to plan exciting activities to grown learning skills
- Highly motivated and the ability to motivate others
- Committed to the profession
- Goal oriented
- A positive thinker
- Responsible for the assisting in the coordination of the Academy’s cosmetology program.
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of the cosmetology curriculum administered by way of the Eveline Charles Academy approved curriculum and text books.
- Ongoing updates and review of the curriculum (Manuals, Academy Calendars etc) and student activities to keep the Academy leading edge with regard to educational content.
- Continually seeks new ways to keep the Academy’s curriculum leading edge – staff career path training.
- Provide guidance and coaching when required.
- Contribute to Education Seminars to ensure staff is well informed and well versed on instructional techniques.
- Attend classes to review instructor program delivery to ensure all are meeting ECA standards.
- With the assistance of Learning Coaches, organize and conduct classroom and on floor activities in well organized manner reflecting the professional image of the Academy
- Assist (and recommends) with recruitment of Education Coaches.
- Be an expert in ECA product knowledge and ensure coaches and students are well informed.
- Invents fun ways to promote sales and service goals to excite staff and students
- Assist in the organization and implementation of two student Graduation Receptions per year and the distribution of Academy Diploma’s.
- Continually re-enforce professional appearance for Coaches and Students on dress and behaviour standards – lead by example.
- Conduct Academy inspections with Academy Director to ensure the facility is always keeping up to the Eveline Charles standard – makes revisions and implement changes when required.
- As with all staff - assist with ongoing student recruitment.
- Attends events that promote the Academy to the public when required.
- Provide guidance to students when required.
Let's talk about what opportunities we might have for you!
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume with cover letter stating your salary expectations . Please include in the subject line "Cosmetology Instructor”.