- Reporting to a Team Supervisor, the Report Agent is responsible for receiving non-emergency calls and determining the appropriate response, entering data into the integrated records system and performing related work in the provision and receipt of information to and from Canadian Police Information Centres. The Report Agent is responsible for the creation, deletion, and maintenance of quality, complete CPIC records and related materials and is responsible for processing operational and clerical assignments accurately and rapidly and for working independently. The Report Agent also receives and takes appropriate action on Help Desk calls.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives non-emergency telephone inquiries from the public, law enforcement and related agencies; determines the nature of the incident and the appropriate response and obtains additional related information from appropriate information sources as necessary.
- Processes overflow 911 queue calls, as required.
- Enters the incident information into the current computer system and produces the incident report; completes any additional reports as required.
- Refers inquiries to more appropriate agencies and resources as necessary.
- Liaises with 911 Operators and dispatchers as required to provide and obtain information; maintains liaison with CPIC and/or records personnel from other agencies in order to obtain or provide accurate information with respect to file information and computer entries.
- Receives Help Desk calls from internal and external users; records details and issues tickets; resolves non-complex problems such as re-setting passwords; refers problems to appropriate technical staff; follows-up, re-assigns and closes tickets.
- Advises internal and external contacts regarding 911 problems; re-routes calls as required; maintains incident logs.
- Deletes old files to maintain currency of the systems; updates event files when necessary; ensuring appropriate agencies are advised of actions taken on their behalf; maintains hard copies of all entries and deletions made to the systems.
- Maintains copies of reports such as Missing Persons; retrieving these at the request of call takers, dispatchers or other agency personnel and ensuring reports are current and accurate.
- Maintains and updates information boards, for example but not limited to, a stolen auto "hot sheet" and outgoing CPIC messages; transmits messages to support local and distant field requirements using the CPIC or CAD systems.
- Provides orientation on CPIC to other staff as required and is responsible for orientation of new Report Agents.
- Attends court to give evidence as required.
- Performs related work as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma supplemented by courses in computer keyboard operation with a minimum typing speed of 44 words per minute; some clerical/typing experience, preferably in a Police agency; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Completion of the R.C.M.P. CPIC Operator’s course is desirable.
- Knowledge of the methods, practices and procedures used in operating integrated records management, dispatch, telephone and CPIC systems.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations and procedures governing the work performed including technical terms used.
- Knowledge of record management systems including CPIC, PRIME and Altaris CAD would be a definite asset.
- Knowledge of record keeping methods.
- Ability to perform report taking and CPIC operator work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to memorize applicable system codes.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the public using excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize work, prioritize tasks and work under time pressures.
- Ability to demonstrate thoroughness, attention to detail and accurate data entry skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills necessary to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, managers and external contacts.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent computer and keyboarding skills.
- Committed to professionalism and excellence in handling callers.
- Skills in the operation of all equipment used in the work.
- Excellent performance and attendance records.
- May be assigned to a new Team Manager and Team.
- Must successfully complete a 9 month probationary period or 6 month trial period.
- NB: As a condition of employment, you must acquire and maintain a Police-Level Security Clearance. This differs significantly from the standard community-based and vocational security clearances issued by airport authorities, correctional facilities, volunteer positions at law enforcement agencies, the Government of Canada, or Treasury Board. The process consists of, in part a ten-year employment and detailed personal background check, a credit check, a review of police and security-related databases, a criminal records check, a lifestyle questionnaire and a comprehensive interview which may generate further follow-up investigation and/or a polygraph.
- The minimum residency in Canada to conduct these aforementioned police-level clearances, as established by our law enforcement partner agencies is five(5) years and longer, depending on the level of clearance required for the applicable position.
NUMBER OF POSITIONS:
HOURS OF WORK
- This is a Regular Full-Time (RFT) Position
- Standard Shift Schedule - 12 Hour Shifts, 4 days on 4 days off rotation
- 17 ($24.54 to $28.87 per hour)
WHAT WE OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Excellent extended health, dental benefits
- Municipal Pension plan
- Generous Vacation Plan
- Competitive salary with opportunity for increases
- Employee Savings Plan (for those who qualify)
- Paid training
- Career Growth
- Peer-to peer mentoring
- Annual Employee Development Days
- Management training
- Friday 08 August 2014 @ 23:59 PDT
HOW TO APPLY:
- If your skills and experience are a match for this challenge and you are ready to join us in helping to create safer communities, we would like to hear from you. You may submit your resume in .doc or .docx (Microsoft Word Format preferred) directly.
Indeed - 8 months ago