Doral Holdings Limited/Seaway Mall is seeking a Lease Administrator to join our team.
Reporting to the President the Lease Administrator will be responsible for the lease administration process from start to finish including but not limited to;
- Preparation and administration of all matters falling within the scope of Commercial Lease documentation including breaches, defaults, distrains, exclusives, general correspondence, letters of intent, leases, surrenders, renewals, amending agreements, notices etc.,
- Tracking of document location at all times and ensuring proper follow-up with all interested parties in all properties for proper execution, distribute all copies upon return ensure all information is properly filed and maintained.
- Exercising the Landlords’ rights and remedies and apprising other departments of their concern.
- Meticulously extracting information from leases and inputting the relevant information into Yardi Voyager Software while ensuring the internal database is up to date with critical information.
- Liaise with tenants to finalize the lease terms while communicating details to relevant internal groups such as Accounting, Operations and Security.
- Ensure all legal matters remain current by providing briefs regarding status of the same and acting on Company behalf as directed. Coordination, preparation and filing of corporate documents, matters of title, financing, insurance, claims, Corporate Directors etc liaise with outside legal counsel and third parties as directed.
- Prepare and distribute all documentation detailing Lease Commencement dates, fixturing periods, transfer of utilities, rents, deposits, insurance, store openings, contact information and carbon copy same to all relevant personnel and departments
- Coordination of store openings and closings, tenant moves and notifying the appropriate departments with the relevant information.
- Ensure that holding files are kept up to date with respect to tenant response files, documents returned, expiry dates, etc.
- Fax, courier and file management, maintaining & updating filing systems (electronic & hard copy)
To be considered for this position you must have:
Minimum 2-5 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry, either in-house or with a law firm. Preference will be given to candidates with a Legal Assistant, Law Clerk or Paralegal designation.
Extensive knowledge of real estate law and leasing practices, procedures and principles, through experience and/or formal training.
A high attention to detail, polished communications skills and excellent writing skills, i.e. able to draft detailed clauses for leases and other documents.
Strong negotiation skills and be able to resolve issues.
Ability to track and manage multiple projects, simultaneously demonstrating excellent organizational skills, a strong ability to work within tight timelines and a great focus on accuracy.
While all applications are appreciated, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 18 months ago
Doral Holdings is a property management company managing shopping centres in Ontario. Doral Holdings has over 40 years experience...