- Manage all internal and external catering events/meetings, including menu needs, rental orders, floor plans and other event related needs.
- Maintain a strong relationship with client during the co-ordination, execution, final payment and evaluation stages of service.
- Each guest/client must receive acknowledgement within 24 hours from the first point of contact with our company, communicate a timeline when contract or other information will be forwarded.
- Ensure effective communication of all client requests and necessary information to appropriate team members.
- Accurately estimate the time and labour requirements to fill all catering requests.
- Ensure all staff under your supervision are properly trained and present themselves professionally at all times.
- Ensure accurate and prompt billing/collection for external and internal events/clients.
- Ensure all catering services exceed client expectations.
- Confer with customer(s), food preps, and other personnel to determine menus and follow through with details concerning the event or function.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality when dealing with high profile clients.
- Participate and/or develop sales initiative with facility personnel.
- Handle guest relations and monitor adherence to quality standards.
- Participate in budget preparation, forecasting and P&L management.
- Enforce company policies, follow up with proper documentation.
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years management experience in a fast paced food service industry with a focus on fine dining and/or banquet service.
- Be experienced in food preparation, inventory, cost control, scheduling and purchasing.
- Well organized and detailed-oriented, able to express opinions and ideas in a professional manner.
- Experience in catering functions with a wide range of menus.
- Excellent customer service orientation and communication skills.
- Must be familiar with standard food and beverage equipment.
- Possess good computer skills and intermediate level proficiency in MS Suite.
- Able to inspire, lead and supervise their catering team.
- A 2-year degree with studies concentrated in business or food service management is preferred.
Indeed - 12 months ago