Assistant Store Manager
Dollarama is Canada’s leading national operator of dollar discount stores and has grown to become a Canadian success story.
Dollarama is committed to meeting and exceeding its customers’ needs through providing a comfortable and convenient shopping experience with the right merchandise at an affordable price that will keep its customers coming back.
The Assistant Store Manager provides support to the Store Manager in overseeing the daily retail store operations, and in the absence of the Store Manager ensures that store opening/closing and asset management procedures are followed.
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that company rules and regulations are explained, understood and followed by all team members;
- Recruiting, developing, training, and motivating a team of Key Holders and Store Associates;
- Ensuring the inventory counts (on-hands) are done in a prompt and precise manner, in order to ensure proper resupply of goods;
- Ensuring that established merchandising practices are followed;
- Operating a cash register.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a management position in the retail industry;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high volume environment;
- Ability to efficiently organize time and manage priorities;
- Strong leadership and communication skills;
- Flexibility with regard to availabilities and work schedules (day, evening, week-end).
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please apply by sending your resume via email.