Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Registered Practical Nurse: As a valued member of the team, the Registered Practical Nurse demonstrates a commitment to resident safety by providing quality care in accordance with organization’s vision and mission.
Registered Practical Nurse Job Duties (not limited to the following):
1) Prepares and administers prescribed, routine, medications and treatments as directed by Physician and RN.
2) Prepares residents for transfers or departures.
3) Prepares and maintains documentation such as charts, records and incidents reports.
4) Exercise sound nursing judgment in the timely reporting of any change in client status to the RN as necessary, and takes appropriate action.
5) Performs other duties as assigned.
1) Minimum 1 year CNO licensed relevant experience.
2) Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
3) Minimum one year experience in geriatric, rehabilitation or long term care as an RPN preferred.
4) Sound nursing knowledge in geriatric care and nursing administration.
5) Knowledge of Long-Term Care legislation, Long Term Care Homes Act and Resident’s Bill of Rights.
6) Demonstrated problem solving abilities to lead unregulated healthcare workers and provide effective care.
7) Mature professional who possess excellent communication and leadership skills to supervise other nursing personnel.
8) Well organized and goal oriented to be able to manage the resident home area and assign duties.
9) Proven ability to interact with others in a caring approach and manner.
10) Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and written for documentation purposes.
Postgraduate studies in Geriatrics and Nursing Administration an asset.
Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certificate.
Current Medication Administration certificate (if applicable).
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly to:
Human Resources recruiter
33 Mercer Drive