The Regional Infusion Clinic Leader, under the direction of the National Infusion Clinic Manager, is responsible for the delivery of service to the Infusion Clinic and Physician Infusion Clinic Clients, while ensuring compliance with internal and external Standards of Practice of the province of BC. She or he recruits and supervises infusion clinic employees and coordinates clinical education and in service activities, as requested and/or in partnership with branch management where appropriate. The Regional Infusion Clinic Leader, in keeping with the organizational structure of the Branch or Physician Office, assumes overall responsibility for specific Infusion Clinic operations in the absence of the Director of Clinical Management and/or the Area Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and support services within the Company and Physician Infusion Clinics, in partnership with branches and/or physician’s, as appropriate.
- Supervise and support licensed employees to ensure compliance with all Federal & Provincial legislated Standards of Practice as well as company Policies & Procedures.
- Provide and/or coordinate clinical education and in service activities, as requested.
- As required, to ensure client care, will provide infusion therapy to patients within the clinics if the local clinic nurse is not available.
- Ensure clinics meet Company’s standards, in preparation for both internal and external audits
- Ensure clinic nurses are compliant within Company’s policies and procedures
- Ensure Clinic materials, equipment and stock are maintained in appropriate quantities and in good working order
- Assist with client and nurse scheduling, as required
- Lead and assist with the integration of client satisfaction initiatives
- Ensure that all referred client concerns and complaints are satisfactorily addressed and documented in a timely manner.
- Coordinate Human Resource activities with respect to recruitment, selection, orientation, education, performance management, and probationary/annual performance review of direct NSC reporting Clinic staff.
- Lead or assist with the implementation of modified work program in conjunction with WSIB Claims Manager at NSC
- Promote Company’s Clinics through participation in Regional business meetings
- Works jointly with Office Client Service Coordinator (CSC) and Intake Specialists to ensure all necessary documentation is in order.
- Acts as liaison between Project Leaders, Branch management, staff nurses and medical advisors, as appropriate
- Ensures that employee and client scheduling is maintained fairly and accurately.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adhere to Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System
- Participate in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns. Responsible for completing accident reports for all who injure themselves on the job within 24 hours of the accident.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate personnel
- Complete other tasks as requested
The Regional Infusion Clinic Leader reports directly to the National Infusion Clinic Manager. The National Infusion Clinic Manager may designate an alternate direct reporting relationship for specific assignments and special projects.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN). Advance Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS), Certification in Oncology Nursing Canada (CON(C)) certification required, however, in progress may be considered if it is in conjunction with other required skills, abilities and experience. Current registration with the Licensing/registering Nursing body of the province of residence.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in infusion therapy and in the handling of chemotherapy and biologic medications. Strong track record in leading the development and evaluation of training programs. Demonstrates ability to handle all aspects of human resources and interpret company Policies & Procedures
Other Skills and Abilities
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format. Ability to work independently and effectively lead a team. Above average report writing and communication skills. Computer skills. Minimum 30 w.p.m. typing speed required.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
The Regional Infusion Clinic Leader must demonstrate ongoing competency in completing all duties and responsibilities as detailed in this job description, as well as agreed upon specific goals and objectives.
We provide quality services through having a quality process, and not just a psd to html factory. Our QA manager reviews all of our work...