We are looking for a Strong and Experienced Senior Construction Manager for various upcoming commercial, warehouse, and residential projects.
The Construction Manager will have responsibilities which will include management of general business operations personnel, responding to internal and external requests for proposals and cost estimates, reviewing estimates and proposals prepared by estimators, project and construction managers, ensuring all proposals comply with risk management policies. You will be responsible for the management of proposals from receipt, through compilation, approval and release and during negotiation phases, as well as the build out and occupancy of the projects.
- Direct and supervise Business Operations personnel and Estimators;
- Set up and orchestrate bid teams;
- Manage timeline and deliverables to the customer, ensuring bids go through appropriate levels of approval before release.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance business processes;
- Prepare sub-contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with consultants, suppliers and subcontractors;
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods within estimates;
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports (experience with SAGE an asset).
- Develop and implement quality control programs within your workscope;
- Investigate damages or accidents, at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities and strengths:
- 10+ years experience in the construction industry is required;
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering quantity surveying, engineering or construction management is preferred;
- Experience in construction estimating, scheduling, cost control and contract management on projects with a value of > Cdn$5M is preferred;
- Experience in liaising with Clients and Consultants, suppliers and sub-contractors is required;
- Experience with specialized ground engineering, environmental remediation or mining projects would be considered an asset.
- Well versed in contractual agreements and risk assessment;
- Strong people skills and an ability to lead and work in a team environment;
- Very good knowledge of the construction market;
- Knowledge of standard project management software (Word, Excel, MS Project, Estimating software, SAGE, etc);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly motivated;
- Available for business travel and extended working hours when required;
- Willing to learn and take direction;
- Possession of a valid British Columbia driver’s license is required;
- Familiar with applicable Safety, Health and Environmental Regulations, LEED,
Our staff benefit from:
- Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth;
- Employee mentoring program; and,
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages.
Indeed - 9 months ago