Sales Merchandiser (Temporary Part-time) 6 month contract with possible extension.
Territory: Nanaimo, Ladysmith, Parksville and Port Alberni
Schedule: Hourly position working 3 days/week 7.5 hours/day (flexible start time of between 8 – 8:30 A); preferred work days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Concord National, Pacific Region has a temporary part-time hourly Sales Merchandiser opportunity on Vancouver Island in Nanaimo. Our organization is structured and growing but without a big company feel. We are a company that prides itself on its family-like feel supported by targeted business objectives.
The Sales Merchandiser is responsible for a retail territory as determined by management. The territory will consist of grocery, drug, mass, retail outlets as assigned. They are responsible for distribution and maintenance of all assigned brands within their territory. The Sales Merchandiser is responsible for following the routing, time management planning and retail objectives as assigned by management.
- Organizational Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Honesty and Integrity
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Must be able to plan personal merchandising objectives on a weekly basis
- Ability to adhere to general direction given by the Retail Sales Manager
- Actively identify issues or opportunities that may impact selling into the store
- Complete perimeter checks to gain thorough understanding of store, principle brands and competitor brands and report back information to management in a timely manner
- Monitor shelf pricing, rotation of product, retail store display compliance and non-display compliance as well as shelf stock and display stock
- Complete all necessary administrative requirements associated to the objectives
- Comply with all policies and procedures
- These are representative duties and responsibilities which are not all encompassing, and may change from time to time.
Education and Experience
- Previous experience in the food/drug/mass industry is required
- Post-secondary education is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Customer Service oriented
- Ability to present themselves appropriately on client site
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Good communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders
- Attention to detail;
- Physically fit since work requires frequent standing, bending, stooping and lifting (occasionally lifting of up to 15 kilograms)
- Maintain a valid drivers license and have access to a vehicle
- Comfortable with MS Office
Thank you for your interest in Concord. Please submit your cover letter and resume to the attention of Human Resources via Indeed. Only those candidates who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted directly.