Concord Sales/Concord National, Pacific Region is a locally owned and operated business in the industry of Sales and Marketing. We are currently seeking a Maternity leave replacement for a 10 – 12 month contract, specific end date to be determined. This position is 3 days a week, offering a challenging, rewarding and flexible opportunity for the right HR Generalist in a principle role executing HR management within the organization. The project scope is large, offering a variety of work in the following areas, including but not limited to; planning, recruitment, performance management, employee relations, training and termination. This position will be supervised by both the President and the outgoing Human Resources Manager (principle of Mori Consulting).
The Human Resources (HR) Manager conceptualizes, develops, leads and executes all HR related services, policies and programs for Concord Sales/Concord National, Pacific Region. The HR Manager originates and leads HR practices and objectives that will promote a values driven, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, a commitment to quality, productivity, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. This position will develop and maintain strategic partnerships with management and employees to proactively assist in managing a profitable and values-centered business operation. Successful execution of the HR role within the organization includes a focus on progressive practices and professional development. Maintaining strong ties with the HR and business communities will be critical in addition to an understanding of practical application of HR best practice.
- Organizational Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Honesty and Integrity
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage the annual HR strategic plan in alignment with set business objectives as set out by ownership and senior leadership.
- Develop and manage the HR budget to align and assist in achievement of organizational growth objectives.
- Deliver full recruitment cycle recruitment services including needs analysis, job postings, sourcing, interviewing and employee offers. Where applicable manage 3rd party providers to source candidates.
- Build strong employee relations founded and motivated by the organization’s values to promote and enhance achievement of the established business objectives.
- Develop and manage policy and procedures ensuring compliance with BC Employment Standards and maximizing organizational efficiency
- Manage HR/employee information on ADP people@work system and user administration access and training
- Assist in managing the payroll process, act as a systems backup on function of ADP pay@work system
- Assist in identification of training and development needs. Develop and conduct training sessions and/or source and manage appropriate 3rd party providers.
- Conduct investigation and conflict resolution meetings
- Take a lead role in developing partnerships with local educational institutions, identifying and implementing a strong co-op recruitment program.
- Provide coaching and resources to employees and managers with respect to career development, talent management, compensation, staffing initiatives, performance management and employee relations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of programs that will drive increased employee satisfaction and commitment levels.
- Assist in compiling relative HR metrics, analyzing, reporting and identifying trends with recommendations provided.
- Assist in managing and tracking vacation and absenteeism
- Lead relationship with 3rd party benefits broker, be knowledgeable of benefits program structure, recommendations and communications to the employee group
- Active participation in assigned or appropriate Concord management teams
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in a faculty of business is required.
- CHRP is an asset
- 5 or more years of human resources generalist experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the sales and marketing industry an asset
- Strong HR generalist background with customer service orientation
- Strong leadership skills, particular emphasis on transformational and participatory leadership style executed both formally and informally
- Ability to self-manage and successfully work autonomously within a group/team environment
- Ability to manage a high level of detail and changing priorities
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- Highly organized with strong project management skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills, empathic and active listening skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Yields a sound understanding of financial fundamentals; budget management
This role offers competitive compensation based on industry standards and candidate experience. For further information on Concord Sales/Concord National, Pacific Region please visit www.concordnational.com
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the attention of Anjana Moitra-Ohri, Principle, Mori Consulting. Applications will not be accepted after noon on Friday, June 7th. Target start date: August 6, 2013. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview; however, we thank all applicants for their interest.
Indeed - 14 months ago
Concord Sales prides itself on being on of the most cohesive, responsive and motivated sales management, executing and reporting...