Community Disabilities Service Practitioner (CDSP)
This position will have a comprehensive function with a primary focus on ensuring verifiable outcomes and performance measures are met. This evolving position requires the incumbent to develop and support links with community, provide connections for people with disabilities to engage, interact and participate in employment, volunteer, educational and wellness opportunities, while honoring individual rights, independence and self-identified goals. The successful candidate will demonstrate behavior that supports Chrysalis’s values and mission.
Today, Chrysalis offers personalized services to help thousands of people with disabilities receive training, develop life and vocational skills, find employment, discover volunteer opportunities, and realize a better quality of life; for more information please visit http://chrysalis.ca
Tasks & Responsibilities
Working directly individuals and reporting to a Program Team Leader your role will be to:
- Coordinate with support all aspects of individual service plans
- Researching and implementing opportunities for social inclusion, volunteering, recreation and/or jobs aligned to each person’s goals
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting on goals, actions and outcomes on caseload while being mindful of other client’s goals seeking and fostering collaboration for support and opportunities for all clients.
- Liaise with co-workers, supervisors, community and businesses and develop courteous, professional relationships with potential meaningful relationships.
- Understand and strategize the core functions of community connectedness, quality service, individual well-being, fostering independence and interpersonal relationships.
Skills & Competencies
Your core competencies should include:
- Highly effective and organized with solid understanding of Person-Centered Planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work with a team and bring ideas to the table
- Creative, resourceful and dynamic, task and detailed orientated
- Understanding of client and community attitudes, needs and behaviors
- Diligent and results-oriented with an excellent work ethic.
- A positive attitude and willingness towards undertaking new challenges.
- A resolute commitment to honesty and accountability.
- Proficient knowledge in community liaising, relational work, flexible and adaptable.
- Certificate or diploma, in community rehabilitation and disabilities studies, or other related studies, equivalencies may be considered
- 1 -2 year experience with adults with disabilities, community outreach services, non-profit services
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License and access to a vehicle.
- Current First Aid Certification
- Current and clear Criminal Record Check
- Diploma in community rehabilitation and disabilities studies
- 5 years experience as a community disability service practitioner
- 2 years experience working with adults with disabilities
- Class 4 Drivers License
Chrysalis offers competitive salary, benefits, and a diverse and unique work environment with opportunity to increase job scope and responsibilities. Candidates must support and understand the Mission/Vision/Value framework of Chrysalis.
Prospective applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, including three work related references in confidence to Human Resources by August 30, 2013, only electronically submitted applications before the deadline will be considered.
For over 30 years, Chrysalis has helped thousands of people with disabilities receive training, develop life and vocational skills, find...