JOB TITLE: Community Disabilities Service Practitioner
NUMBER OF POSTINGS: 7 Positions
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Program Team Leaders
DEPARTMENT: Alternatives to Employment/ Vocational Services
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
CDSP will works key support to teams to provide support, and care for people with learning disabilities within the Community and outreach services. Your responsibilities are to promote independence, relationships, and supports for people with learning disabilities, teaching skills and enabling their involvement in all aspects of daily life within the community. To provide encouragement, motivation and practical support as required. This position requires a highly skill, energetic, flexible, individual with proven skills in community network, promotes citizenships and has a develop sense of their role is supporting someone with disabilites. A willingness to learn and challenge oneself will round out this position. It also offers valuable experience as an addition to studies, work experience in the disabilities sector. However, we do encourage people with experience to apply.
Working as a member of a team:
- To provide support, opportunity, and assistance for people with disabilities in accordance with their Personal Centred Plans
- To encourage new skills; opportunities, and experiences within the scope of Chrysalis mission and vision.
- To support clients with personal care tasks as directed, including administration of medicines
- To support Clients in leisure, recreation, community, and volunteer activities that are client- directed
- Clients in volunteer, recreation, placement activities
- Liaison with natrual supports, health service professional staff, social services, colleges, voluntary bodies and local community groups as required to assist in the care, support and development of people with disabilities.
- Development of contacts and foster good public relations with neighbours and the local community, promoting a better understanding of the nature of disabilities and building bridges to help support community better meet the need of all citizens.
- To activly participate in team meeting
- To participate in an all orientation and induction to the service and take part in any required training or mentoring sessions.
- To report all complaints and serious concerns to a senior member of staff as soon as possible
- To be aware of and work within Chrysalis’s policies and procedures.
- Compile, complete all paperwork on time and within expectation..
- Train and become proficient with clients PCP and team responsibilities.
- Enthusastic, planning, organizational, time management, independent worker, collaborator
- Expert knowledge in community liaising, relational work, flexible and strong work ethic.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Drivers and the confidence to address transportation issues with clients. Class 4 would be an asset
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
- Current and clear Criminal Record Check ( within the last 3 months)
We are only accepting resumes by email, alternate methods will not be evaluated. No Call, No Faxes.