Canada needs you.
The Canadian Tourism Commission (CTC) is a national marketing organization. Known as one of the most innovative and successful tourism marketing organizations in the world, the CTC, through partnerships with the private sector and all levels of government, promotes Canada internationally as a premier four-season tourist destination.
Our vision is to inspire the world to explore Canada. We do so by promoting a compelling and consistent image of our country in the international tourism marketplace.
Share our vision?
Have a flair for communications? Love engaging your colleagues with great events and initiatives? Comfortable building meaningful connections across the organization? Want to do all of that for the Canadian Tourism Commission (CTC)? Join us as our Internal Communications and Activities Advisor and contribute to making the CTC an employer of choice in the Canadian tourism industry.
What do we need? A fluently bilingual, strategic, internal communications professional dedicated to building an enviable employer brand centered on the CTC’s core values. You’re tech savvy, developing fluid messages across platforms – social media, intranet or otherwise. Taking the lead on employee orientation, staff surveys and event planning, and acting as a communications resource for staff, you’ll have your finger on the pulse of all things CTC. Join our team and start living our brand today in this pivotal role dedicated to shaping CTC culture.
Education: The position requires at a minimum the graduation from a recognized university, or specialized community college training in communications, public administration, marketing or related field.
Experience: When applying, the candidate must clearly demonstrate in writing how they meet the following experience criteria:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in communications (media relations, social media, public relations, internal communications, etc.).
- Experience in developing and implementing communications programs and projects and implementing communication plans.
- Experience providing advice to senior managers on communications related issues.
- Experience in sourcing content from multiple sources.
- Experience developing and implementing performance indicators to measure communications products and services.
- Experience in planning, managing and facilitating events.
- Experience in writing and editing communications products.
- Experience in implementing employee engagement initiatives is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of communications theories, principles and a broad range of communications activities.
- Knowledge of strategic and tactical internal communications policies, programs and processes.
- Knowledge of communication mediums (i.e. Intranet) to inform and align employees and management.
- Knowledge of communications principles, grammar and style principles; and writing and editing techniques.
- Knowledge of emerging trends, technology and techniques in internal communications and the editorial field.
- Knowledge of organizational core values, HR issues, initiatives, best practices and trends.
- Excellent skills in MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
- Strong user skills in LinkedIn, Twitter or another social media channel.
- Excellent ability to write well in a modern and dynamic style.
- Excellent verbal communications skills and outstanding presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Initiative and judgment required to manage and internal communications activities and to provide advice to internal stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex issues.
- Ability to juggle many projects simultaneously and prioritize.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to communicate in a cross-functional team.
- Ability to communicate in crisis situations.
- Ability to drive change.
- Results and delivery focused.
- Ability to implement communication plans and strategies designed to support employee engagement initiatives.
- Ability to maintain discretion and manage confidential information.
- Bilingual CBC
For more details about what we need and how to apply, please visit our Careers section at corporate.canada.travel/job-opportunities. The deadline for this competition is May 4, 2014. Please note in your application where you learned about this competition.