JOIN THE FIGHT
WHO WE ARE:
At the Canadian Cancer Society, we offer you a place where you can use your talents to make a difference – a place where you can help save lives while fulfilling your own. We are the largest health charity in Canada, and we’re the only cancer charity in the country that is fighting back against all 200-plus cancers. We are looking for a permanent full time Revenue Development Coordinator in our Grande Prairie office to join us in the fight.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a motivated team player and coach and thrive on meeting new people. You are skilled at active listening which makes you great at closing sales. You are also organized and meticulous with your follow up. You demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and expectations within time and resource constraints. You have a creative edge and can handle confidential information responsibly and with tact. You are passionate about fundraising and community engagement and are able to inspire communities to join the fight against cancer by organizing, volunteering and participating in fundraising events to meet fundraising goals.
HOW YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE:
Under the direction of the External Engagement Lead, the Revenue Development Coordinator supports existing community based fundraising to meet planned revenue goals and to engage communities in fundraising activities by:
- Championing success in the Community Campaigns & Events department.
- Proactively establishing positive relationships with volunteers, sponsors, donors and employees.
- Providing resources and best practices for fundraisers and leadership committees to maximize fundraising revenue.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Meeting and exceeding event participant recruitment and fundraising goals.
- Ensuring completion of stewardship and engagement activities for event participants, event volunteers and event donors.
- Sharing fundraising techniques with participants to help reach their fundraising goals.
- Identifying and negotiating potential community sponsors and donors that support community fundraising events.
- Reporting back to the community on the impact of fundraising events in the fight against cancer.
- Tracking and reporting community fundraising, engagement and stewardship activities.
- Representing the Society at fundraising events.
The successful candidate will have related post-secondary education or equivalent experience and a minimum of two years experience in sales and/or fundraising, 3-5 years would be preferable. Demonstrated experience with fundraising events, campaigns and/or volunteers and an engaging and outgoing personality is required. An intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and experience using databases is required. Basic to intermediate knowledge of Sphere and/or Raiser’s Edge or a similar fundraising database is a definite asset. You must have a valid driver’s license with access to reliable transportation and be willing to work evenings and weekends when needed.
The Canadian Cancer Society provides an industry competitive salary and benefits package. We are also very proud to offer a tobacco-free environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter stating salary expectations, in confidence, by July 15, 2014 to:
External Engagement Lead
Please quote position number 105-2 on your application.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Canadian Cancer Society provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons. For information on our privacy practices, please visit our website www.cancer.ca.