Who we are:
At the Canadian Cancer Society, we offer you a place where you can use your talents to make a difference – a place where you can help save lives while fulfilling your own. We are the largest health charity in Canada, and we’re the only cancer charity in the country that is fighting back against all 200-plus cancers. We are looking for a permanent full time Finance and Administration Specialist in our Calgary officer to join us in the fight.
Who you are:
You take an analytical approach to problem solving and have the ability to come up with creative solutions. Your highly organized work style, combined with your impeccable attention to detail, allow you to manage multiple priorities effectively. You have good communication and organization skills, ability to prioritize, and able to meet deadlines.
How you'll contribute:
- Establish and maintain internal controls and procedures including cash handling procedures at revenue development events and documenting procedures for Operations Manual
- Lead or oversee accounts payable and general ledger account reconciliation processes
- Lead in month to month forecasting and tracking of revenues and expenses to budget
- Assist in strategic aspects and upload of annual budget (operating and capital)
- Drive business efficiencies initiatives
- Oversee shared risk management process
- Assist the Finance Lead in major projects including budget development, year-end and variance analysis
- Conduct regular business and administrative matters for the Society including purchasing, leases and insurance
- Supervise, mentor and develop finance team
Candidates should possess intermediate accounting skills, have strong business acumen, be experienced in financial statement reporting and have some supervisory experience. You have a good working knowledge of financial accounting software and are skilled in MS Office, particularly Excel.
The Canadian Cancer Society provides an industry competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. We are also very proud to offer a smoke-free environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resumes, in confidence, stating salary expectations, by July 9, 2013 to:
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Canadian Cancer Society provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons. For information on our privacy practices, please visit our website www.cancer.ca