Temporary, Part Time
JOIN THE FIGHT
WHO WE ARE:
At the Canadian Cancer Society, we offer you a place where you can use your talents to make a difference – a place where you can help save lives while fulfilling your own. We are the largest health charity in Canada, and we’re the only cancer charity in the country that is fighting back against all 200-plus cancers. We are looking for several temporary part time Charitable Fundraisers in Calgary to join us in the fight during evenings and weekends in August, September and October (with the possibility for extension).
WHO YOU ARE:
You thrive on meeting new people and are skilled at active listening. You are able to work independently in communities in Calgary as an ambassador for the Canadian Cancer Society while raising funds through door to door solicitation. You are passionate about fighting cancer and motivated to meet fundraising goals.
HOW YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE:
The Charitable Fundraiser supports the Society by engaging communities in fundraising activities, specifically:
- Going door to door in designated neighbourhoods to solicit funds for the Canadian Cancer Society
- Reaching or exceeding door to door fundraising goals
- Correctly recording all donations and calls
- Representing the Canadian Cancer Society by ensuring the community is aware of the programs and services and the need for ongoing support
- Phoning donors to thank them for their contributions or increase their contributions (approximately 20% of the time)
The successful candidate is:
- Available to work evenings and weekends in select communities across Calgary
- Dependable, punctual, charismatic, outgoing and results focused with strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated to join the fight against cancer and to meet fundraising goals
- Able to print neatly and accurately record data
Previous fundraising experience (door to door, call center or other) is a definite asset.
Closing Date: August 22, 2014 or until suitable candidates are found.
Wages start at $18/hour. We are also very proud to offer a tobacco-free environment.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
External Engagement Lead
Please quote position number CF-2 on your application.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Canadian Cancer Society provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons. For information on our privacy practices, please visit our website www.cancer.ca.