Terms of Employment:
Full Time, Permanent, Days
$15.07 -$20.51/hour, 37.5 hours per week, Group Benefits, Extended Health and Dental, Corporate Wellness Program, RRSP Group Advantage, 3 Weeks Vacation
Chrysalis: An Alberta Society for People with Disabilities requires dynamic and proactive professionals to serve and act in cooperation with their team to provide support, and care for people with disabilities. This evolving position is client focused and actively participates to develop, strengthen and support links with community, personal and professional relationships. You are committed to providing connections and opportunities for people with disabilities to engage, interact and participate in all area of life. Your responsibilities are to promote independence, encourage relationships, and tailor relevant supports for people. Your role is a coach, facilitator, and an advocate; reinforcing skills and abilities and foster meaningful involvement in all aspects of daily life. A CDSP provide encouragement, motivation, strategies and practical support through thoughtful, creative and innovative approaches. Working closely with their team to learn, develop, implement and evaluate person centre plans. This position will provide a diverse and engaging opportunity for the right person.
- Competed High School Diploma plus completed recognized relevant certificate (Foundations Community Disability Studies, Care-Giver Certificate, Health Care Aide Certificate)
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experiences
- Intermediate skills and functional knowledge of MS Outlook , Word and Calendar, basic internet search skills, use of basic database and analysis tools
- Understanding of basic marketing and sales techniques applicable to community development opportunities, resources and options for individuals being served
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- Compatible attitude and philosophy with Chrysalis values and mission
- Own transportation an asset
- Skilled at providing relevant supports in community and various community settings
- Completed accredited relevant College Diploma
- 2-5 years experience as a direct support worker/practitioner with adults with disabilities
- Well developed coaching and mentoring skills, emerging supervisory/coordinating skills
- Experience providing one-to one supports
- Functional understanding of community resources available, the ability to connect, build and strengthen community both existing and new support resources
- Well-developed skills in building and maintain healthy relationships and employing tools to assist individuals in developing self-sustaining interpersonal relationships
- Effective communication skills, expressive and receptive; written and verbal
- Successful time management skills with the ability to identify and prioritize demands and apply practices in number of settings and environments.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email by February 23, 2014
Attention HR: CDSP - Community Connector
For over 30 years, Chrysalis has helped thousands of people with disabilities receive training, develop life and vocational skills, find...