Black Mountain Golf Club is seeking an out-going, engaging individual to join our dynamic team as Head Chef. Reporting to the General Manager and interacting with the Front of House Manager the successful applicant will be responsible for managing all Back of House aspects of the Grill Operations (Kitchen).
The Grill at Black Mountain offers casual dining with a focus on pub style food in a fun, relaxed atmosphere.
- All aspects of food preparation
- Materials management, including supplier contact, product evaluation, preparation of food ordering within defined budgets and inventory control to ensure the cost effective use of supplies and materials
- Menu development
- Health and safety standards in the preparation, delivery and storage of food
- Act as a role model for staff by contributing to the atmosphere with a demonstration of attitude necessary to meet company goals and standards
- Recruiting, hiring and scheduling to meet labor percentages
- General computer knowledge and understanding of Microsoft office
- Ability to coach and supervise staff of 7 – 9 people
Credentials and Capabilities:
- Food Safe Certificate
- An aptitude towards detail and creativity
- Good working knowledge of menu planning and food costing
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Must have strong problem solving skills, be self-motivated and organized
- Prior leadership or supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team
Full year round employment and salary based on experience.
Qualified applicants should apply by e-mail with cover letter and resume. Please go to www.melcor.ca/careers for application instructions. Job posting will remain open until successful candidate is found.
Black Mountain Golf Club appreciates and thanks all candidates for their interest in applying for this position, however only candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.