The BC Government and Service Employees’ Union (BCGEU) is currently seeking a Finance Support Staff member to join their Finance Department in a temporary full-time capacity.
Start Date: Immediately
Duration: ~6 months
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coding and processing expense claims, ensuring compliance with financial policy
- Reviewing and handling leave-of-absence computer data and leave of absence billings for accuracy and completeness, and ensure proper coding
- Running and balancing monthly leave of absence reports
- Processing vendor invoices and matching to purchase orders to ensure proper authorization
- Preparing non-government sector dues summary
- Processing payroll, preparing and reconciling monthly payroll analysis, preparing related remittances
- Printing reports and cheques
- Preparing journal entries, reconciling account balances to supporting detail or sub-ledgers
- Filing and preparing monthly and year-end component financial records
- Assisting non-accounting staff and BCGEU members with a variety of issues related to above, and other accounting and general administrative duties as required
- Diploma of Technology in Financial Management (Advanced Accounting Option or Professional Accounting Option) from a recognized Educational Institution such as BCIT, or equivalent and/or comparable mix of Education and Experience
- Good working knowledge of basic accounting procedures and/or payroll
- At least 2 years’ experience in a financial support position
- Keyboarding of 40 - 50 wpm
- Good working knowledge of the MS Office Suite, namely Word and Excel, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) or a similar accounting software program
Hours of work are 32 per week, four days per week.
The BCGEU supports employment equity. Workers of colour, women, aboriginal workers, gay and lesbian workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply for positions with the BCGEU.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume, preferably in .doc or .docx (MS Word) format directly here: http://www.maxhire.net/cp/?E55869361D43515B7D581C2C7753526903
We regret that we will only be able to respond to those candidates selected for an interview.
Quick Facts about the BCGEU
The BCGEU has approximately 67,000 members in 550 bargaining units across British Columbia;