-- RESEARCH ASSISTANT --
BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
Please note: Only Canadian Citizens, legal residents or residents with a legal work permit will be considered.
STATUS: This is a part time position of 8-10 hours per week for an initial period of 12 weeks with possibility for extension or expansion.
JOB START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
LOCATION: BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS (BC-CfE), St. Paul’s Hospital, Vancouver, BC
JOB: Assists with the coordination and research of a Canadian Institutes of Health Research-funded project on developing community and research partnerships related to employment and labour market access for persons living with or at risk of acquiring HIV/AIDS who use illicit drugs.
ORGANIZATION: The BC-CfE currently employs a team of statisticians, programmers, data managers, research nurses and data entry clerks who work collaboratively on cohort-based epidemiological and clinical studies. The BC-CfE is a world renown HIV/AIDS research centre including Research Laboratory, Clinical Trials, Drug Treatment Program, Epidemiology and Professional Education Programs.
- Conducting and writing up an environmental scan of available vocational opportunities (both training and employment) for key populations of interest
- Contributing to feasibility assessments and planning activities related to low-threshold employment programming
- Collects back-up source documentation as required
- Develops, updates and maintains study databases and source document worksheets
- Maintains strict confidentiality related to identification and release of study data
- Conducts literature reviews and assists in the development of proposals and associated documents
- Excellent time management, effective oral and written communication skills, prioritizing and meeting deadlines
- Performs other duties as required
- Late stage undergraduate degree or graduate degree completed or in process in a relevant discipline
- One to three years previous research experience working in the healthcare field
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Knowledge in using PubMed, Medline, Google Scholar, Microsoft Office Software, Reference Manager and familiarity with email and internet
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
DEADLINE: November 1, 2013