-- ORACLE PROGRAMMER --
BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
HIV/AIDS Drug Treatment Program
Please note: Only Canadian Citizens, legal residents or residents with a legal work permit will be considered.
STATUS: This is a full time position
JOB START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
LOCATION: BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS (BC-CfE), Vancouver, BC
JOB: Under the direction of the Director of Epidemiology and Population Health, will be responsible for maintenance of large epidemiological databases.
ORGANIZATION: The BC-CfE currently employs a team of Statisticians, Programmers, Data Managers, Clinical Research Assistants, Data Analysts and Data Entry Clerks who work collaboratively on cohort-based epidemiological and clinical studies.
- Maintaining large epidemiological Oracle databases
- Developing web based applications using Oracle Application Express (APEX)
- Creating customized reports, ad-hoc queries and data sets for other members of team
- Carrying out computerized record linkages on a regular basis
- Resolving data-related problems of a scientific nature
- Maintaining confidentiality in dealing with all matters
- Other duties as required
- University degree in computer science or related fields
- 3+ years relational database experience
- Expertise in Oracle RDBMS, SQL, PLS/SQL, SAS
- Must have demonstrated expertise in Oracle Forms and Reports
- Comfort and facility with Unix , DOS and Macintosh environments
- Experience with Oracle Application Express (APEX) will be an asset
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently to meet organizational goals
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Attention to accuracy, with strong time management skills
Please include in your letter of submission:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Salary Expectation and Availability
The B.C. Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS is dedicated to improving the health of British Columbians with HIV through the development,...