-- HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR --
BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
Please note: Only Canadian Citizens, legal residents or residents with a legal work permit will be considered.
STATUS: This is a one-year, full time Maternity Leave replacement position
JOB START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: Commensurate with qualification and experience
LOCATION: BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS (BC-CFE), Vancouver, BC
JOB: Under the direction of the Director of Operations, assists with the day-to-day human resources functions and duties, contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide a BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS-oriented, high performance culture emphasizing quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
ORGANIZATION: The BC-CfE currently employs a team of Statisticians, Programmers, Data Managers, Clinical Research Assistants, Data Analysts, and Data Entry Clerks who work collaboratively on cohort-based epidemiological and clinical studies. The BC-CfE is a world renown HIV/AIDS research centre including Research Laboratory, Clinical Trials, Drug Treatment Program, Epidemiology and Professional Education Programs.
BENEFITS: Employee benefits include medical, dental, as well as accrued vacation and sick time
- Develops and implements approved human resources policies and procedures, ensuring all human resources procedures and practices are effectively implemented
- Provides advice and services to Directors and staff regarding issues such as recruitment, selection, orientation, staff development and training, performance management and evaluation, salary and benefit administration, employee relations, counseling and employee assistance, program referral, discipline and, termination
- Advises on matters of sub-standard performance, including development of learning objectives and follow up review. If performance remains sub-standard, discipline, and termination; develops procedures for termination of employees, participate in the process by preparing termination notices, conducting exit interviews
- Provides advise on human resources policy, monitors activities, and if required, initiates corrective action related to the organization’s practices and ensures that all systems related to human resources use are current and updated as required and monitors human resources activities of the BC-CfE, identifies problem areas, initiates responses, and resolves issues
- Facilitates recruitment of new staff by preparing job posting, participating in interviews and the selection of candidates, and conducting reference checks; assists with the development of employment contracts
- Assists in the performance planning, managing and reviewing of staff, including identifying performance goals, achievements, training, and documenting of review for personnel files.
Ensures information regarding pay and benefits is available, communicated to and understood by employees
- Require a post-secondary education in Human Resources/Personnel Industrial Relations, or a related degree/diploma with a concentration or major in Human Resources, or a certificate in Human Resources Management, requiring knowledge of current human rights laws, employment standards acts and other related legislation
- A minimum of three years of progressively more responsible experience as a human resources specialist with a demonstrated working knowledge of human resources programs and services, applicable legislation and policies
- Excellent oral, written, facilitation, mediation, negotiation and interpersonal communication skills, ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent training and adult education skills, database management, record keeping and organization skills
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 28, 2013
Indeed - 6 months ago
The B.C. Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS is dedicated to improving the health of British Columbians with HIV through the development,...