-- Data Analyst--
BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
Please note: Only Canadian Citizens, legal residents or residents with a legal work permit will be considered.
STATUS: One-year full time Position, with the possibility for renewal
JOB START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
LOCATION: BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS (BC-CfE), Vancouver, BC
JOB: The Data Analyst performs analysis and interpretation of data, statistical analysis and serves as a resource on statistical methodology and outcome evaluation. The Data Analyst also designs and implements analytical pipelines to automate data processing.
ORGANIZATION: The BC-CfE currently employs a team of Statisticians, Programmers, Data Managers, Clinical Research Assistants, Data Analysts and Data Entry Clerks who work collaboratively on cohort-based epidemiological and clinical studies. The BC-CfE is a world-renowned HIV/AIDS research centre including Research Laboratory, Clinical Trials, Drug Treatment Program, Epidemiology and Professional Education Programs.
- Data retrieval and management of databases for cohort-based studies, including writing computer programs and macros to capture and edit data and to identify data trends
- Analytical support for research conducted using quantitative data analysis using descriptive and statistical methodologies
- Work collaboratively on writing scientific papers, providing statistical results, writing methods and result sections, preparing tables and figures
- Acts as a statistical resource for colleagues on experimental design statistical methodology and theory
- Demonstrated experience in preparing analytical reports and analysis Maintaining confidentiality in dealing with all matters
- University Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics/Statistics. Masters in Applied Statistics or Biostatistics would be a plus.
- 1-2 years recent related working experience
- High level programming skills (scripting), e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl
- Use of revision control and documentation frameworks (e.g. Subversion)
- Extensive knowledge of statistical software packages (R, SAS, S-plus, SPSS)
- Oracle Database knowledge
- Ability to perform and interpret complex statistical analyses, particularly mixed models
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, multi-tasking and problem solving skills, with the ability to work independently within a team environment as well as the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Bioinformatics experience preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a letter of interest detailing relevant experience and a curriculum vitae to Human Resources. Please indicate “ Data Analyst for Research Laboratory” in the subject line.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 1, 2013
Reminder: Applications for posted position must be received in Human Resources by 5: 00 pm on the closing date.