--Clinical Research Associate--
BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
Please note: Only Canadian Citizens, legal residents or residents with a legal work permit will be considered.
STATUS: This is a one-year full-time position with potential for renewal
JOB START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: Commensurate with qualification and experience
LOCATION: BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS (BC-CfE), Project Site 611 Powell St. Vancouver, BC.
JOB: Works within the HIV/AIDS research team under the Principal Investigator and Project Coordinator in, A Randomized Clinical Trial Evaluating the Role of Contingent Reinforcement in the Engagement of and Retention of Drug Users in HAART Programs. Sample and data collection, providing support in education, pre and post test counseling, follow up and out reach with study participants. Assists the research group in the implementation, and execution of research and research related activities. Collects and organizes study-related data.
ORGANIZATION: The BC-CfE, a non-union environment, currently employs a team of Statisticians, Programmers, Data Managers, Clinical Research Assistants, Data Analysts, and Data Entry Clerks who work collaboratively on cohort-based epidemiological and clinical studies. The BC-CfE is a world-renowned HIV/AIDS research centre including Research Laboratory, Clinical Trials, Drug Treatment Program, Epidemiology and Professional Education Programs.
- RN an asset
- Two years minimum experience working in a busy academic, clinical healthcare setting
- Current registration with CRNBC, as well as basic CPR
- HIV experience and Pre/Post Test Counseling training
- Experience with addictions, and/or poverty in the DTES or comparable community an asset
- Demonstrates general computer skills to include database use, data entry, report retrieval
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with study participants
- Knowledge and skill in recruiting and screening potential study participants
- Knowledge and skill in the techniques, procedures and principles for the collection of blood and urine samples, e.g. HIV
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology, completing research questionnaires, reviewing and collecting data from charts and maintaining related records
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Collects specimens
- Conducts interviews for the purpose to fulfill study protocol requirements
- Collects data from interviews, questionnaires, diagnostic tests and other sources, as well as research related data from participants, medical records, client charts, etc.
- Collects back-up source documentation as required
- Confers with study participants to explain purpose of study and obtain informed consent
- Conducts pre and post test counseling
- Explains procedures and/or treatment plans to alleviate patient and/or family concerns
- Initiates/coordinates laboratory procedures and treatments
- Inquires by phone or in person regarding new symptoms and provides guidance, referring to clinic and community physicians, as necessary
- Confers with other health care professionals as necessary (i.e. HIV providers, general practitioners)
- Updates and maintains research databases and source document worksheets (e.g. pre-study checklist, participant visits, etc.)
- Prepares and submits adverse events and safety related issues
- Maintains a filing system and appropriate record keeping and research charts
- Contributes to ongoing research participant recruitment and outreach efforts
- Assists in tracking efforts to bring participants back for follow-up interviews or testing
- Ensures potential participants meet criteria for study entry
- Maintains strict confidentiality related to participant identification and release of research data
- Keeps the Principal Investigator and Project Coordinator informed of any study related problems or trends in research data
- Other duties as appropriate
Please visit our site http://www.cfenet.ubc.ca/join-us/careers for more information.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 27, 2013
Indeed - 13 months ago
The B.C. Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS is dedicated to improving the health of British Columbians with HIV through the development,...