Please note: Only Canadian Citizens, legal residents or residents with a legal work permit will be considered.
STATUS: This is an 18-month full time position with the potential for extension
JOB START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
LOCATION: BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS (BC-CfE), Vancouver, BC
JOB: To be responsible for providing confidential administrative assistance and secretarial support to designated Director, staff and programs/services throughout the department, utilizing strong communications skills.
ORGANIZATION: The BC-CfE currently employs a team of Statisticians, Programmers, Data Analysts, Clinical Research Assistants and Data Entry Clerks who work collaboratively on cohort-based epidemiological and clinical studies. The BC-CfE is a world renown HIV/AIDS Research Centre including Research Laboratory, Clinical Trials, Drug Treatment Program, Epidemiology and Professional Education Programs.
- Facilitates effective triaging of correspondence, determination of appropriate action, and timely follow-up as appropriate
- Coordinates meetings ensuring well-defined and timely agendas, identification of and notification to interested parties, compilation of background information and supporting materials, and preparation of packages/summary documents to assist in decision making and meeting facilitation
- Maintains a consistently updated and accurate appointment schedule for the Director
- Produces reports, correspondence, presentation materials, spreadsheets and memos Maintains, updates various computer databases and web pages
- Liaises in a professional and courteous manner with directors, staff and the public
- Collaborates with peers to ensure administrative systems and processes are consistently followed and monitored for effectiveness
- Performs other duties as required
- Graduation from a recognized administrative assistant/secretarial post-secondary program
- Three to five years of administrative support experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Must have advanced word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, desktop publishing, and database software skills, as well as excellent knowledge of Macintosh computers
- Ability to type a minimum of 60 wpm, operate general office equipment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, in dealing with a variety of work situations, hospital staff, board members, government representatives, community agency personnel and the general public
- Demonstrated communication skills to respond effectively to inquiries, both verbally and in writing, flexibility to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities
- Ability to multi-task, work independently with minimal direction, and work under pressure with constant deadlines, using strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Demonstrate aptitude for detailed work, capability of decision making/problem solving within predetermined guidelines
- Familiarity with HIV/AIDS-related issues and the delivery of health care an asset
Please include in your letter of submission:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Experience and interests
- Salary Expectation and availability
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 26, 2013
Indeed - 7 months ago
The B.C. Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS is dedicated to improving the health of British Columbians with HIV through the development,...