AM/PM Service is Canadian owned and operated, and is one of Canada’s largest Point of Sale companies with national service coverage. AM/PM offers a wide range of services for Point of Sale (“POS”), as well as service for retail electronic peripheral systems and equipment. We provide our customers with comprehensive system solutions involving computerized terminals, PCs, Kiosks, Self Checkout, Communications and Networking, hardware and software, as well as custom applications.
AM/PM has immediate career opportunities for Field Service Technicians in the Ottawa area. The candidate will be responsible for install, repairs and maintenance on PC, ATM’s and point of sale equipment and peripherals for AM/PM’s large customer base. This is a full time permanent position that requires regular on-call shift work. The successful candidate should be a self starter and have the ability to work with limited supervision, have a good understanding of computer hardware and be customer service inclined. In addition, the candidate must own a reliable vehicle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Break fix service of a wide variety of POS equipment, as well as ATM’s, PC’s, printers, retail laptops, pharmacy dispensers, meat wrappers, CISCO routers as well as a variety of other electronic peripherals
- New system refreshes
- Install, Moves, Adds, Changes (IMAC) procedure
- Strive to improvise first visit repairs
- Manage work orders to meet customers service level agreements
- PC repair skills
- A+ Certification an asset
- Ability to logically troubleshoot equipment
- Good mechanical skills
- Good communication skills
- Self motivated
- Valid Driver’s license (Must provide Driver’s Abstract) and a reliable vehicle
- Must possess the ability to follow directions to completion, and pay close attention to details
- Ability to accurately read and complete forms
- Willingness to travel to customer sites on a regular basis
AM/PM Service provides a compensation package that includes benefits, a car allowance and a company gas card. Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications.
The successful candidate will receive on-the-job training on various Point of Sale Hardware Systems and banking equipment.
We thank all applicants; however only those considered for the position will be contacted.