An international and rapidly growing company, in the Natural confectionary industry, is seeking a dynamic and experienced professional for the role of Social Media/ Marketing Assistant located in Toronto. This position will focus on communications and public relations, as well as optimization of social media. This role may be an exciting opportunity for a College/ University student who is looking for a Coop/ Internship Opportunity, working under the direction of the PR Manager.
Core competencies & scope of the position:
- Able to generate a minimum of 3 pieces of high quality social marketing pieces each week
- Knowledge of the Natural & Health Food Retail Channels
- Strong Communication Skills in Social Media
- Ability to analyze company objectives and create measurable and actionable KPI’s - directly working with Google, YouTube, Facebook, Pintrest, Twitter, e-newsletters and online-store media channels, to optimize brand visibility.
- Trade Show assistance – plan, ship out marketing material and create and manage the marketing inventory database.
- Coordinates the demo campaigns directly and with customers.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community, consumer, employee, and public interest groups.
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Creative, strategic and innovative thinking
- Accountability and Dependability
- Able to work independently with direct daily reporting
- Currently enrolled in a University, Vocation or College accreditation related to Marketing, Business and/ or Media relations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide results a communication, PR role.
- High energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm. Professional and fun demeanour, selling style, and a combination of professional and “trendy” or “urban” attitude.
- Solid experience in opportunity assessment, planning, account development, and time management.
- Communicating opportunities and daily objectives to multiple key decision-makers.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and Social Media
- Able to work on both a MAC and PC platform.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
We are looking for people to join us at our new downtown office. If you are interested in applying, let us know what drives you!
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.