Web QA Analyst, Global Web Sites
Autodesk - Montréal, QC
This job posting is no longer available on Autodesk.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced individual to participate in the Quality Assurance effort for features and functionality associated with our web initiatives. We are currently transitioning to a new Content Management System (CMS) - Adobe CQ5. This will enable teams across Autodesk to personalize web content, provide a more comprehensive mobile experience, and streamline our internal processes which will drive better results from our websites. In this position, the individual will be involved with testing our web delivery features as we move to the new system, and continue to support quality assurance on web delivery projects moving forward.
This QA position will play a vital role within the globally distributed Web Delivery team, actively participating in Agile development and test efforts, working closely with fellow QA team members, Developers, and Product Owners to capture and refine requirements (user stories and acceptance criteria), and performing manual testing on assigned features. The ideal candidate will have extensive hands-on experience manually testing web applications and applying QA best practices, and is a self-starter who can come up to speed quickly on our applications, technologies, and processes.
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
Job Title and Number:
Web QA Analyst (Sr. QA Analyst), #12WD11932
Montreal (90 Rue Queen)
- Creates and/or reviews user stories, acceptance criteria, test cases, test matrices, and other QA documents to ensure sufficient test coverage based on requirements and specifications
- Provides testing estimates and testing tasks to assure complete testing coverage
- Works closely with QA peers, Development partners, Product Managers and other project team members
- Creates plans to test features/applications at the user interface level, including functional tests, performance tests, workflow tests, install tests, globalization/localization, and interoperability tests
- Participates in test case reviews with QA, Development & Product Management teams
- Performs functional tests within Marketing CMS (Adobe CQ) and other applications related to Autodesk.com
- Performs manual black box/gray box tests as well as developing test automation scripts
- Performs validation of XML associated with assigned features
- Performs some level of database level validation associated with functional testing
- Effectively communicates with remote teams
- 3+ years QA experience
- Must have a solid understanding and track record of applying QA methodologies
- Basic understanding of the Agile methodology
- Strong technical troubleshooting/good QA skills
- Solid experience on software projects through the complete software product/development lifecycle
- Strong English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-starter who works well independently and effectively within a team
- Team player and a calculated risk taker who "thinks outside the box"
- Strong desire and ability to deliver results
- Able to succeed in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Must be able to work successfully with distributed team members
- Understanding of Content Management Systems
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Experience with Test Automation Tools (ie. Selenium, QuickTestPro, LoadRunner)
- 3 years ago
View Indeed in: Mobile - Classic