Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date:
07/16/2012 - Posting Close Date: 07/29/2012
Thunder Bay Casual Customer Service Agent (TERM)
1 Casual 6 month Term Position
WestJet is currently searching for a positive, enthusiastic individual with an accomplished background in customer service to WOW our guests as a CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT at the Thunder Bay Airport. As a CSA, your bright personality and smile will create a World Class Guest Experience for our traveling guests.
As a Customer Service Agent, you will:
Desired personal skills:
- Greet and check-in our guests for their flights
- Create new reservations or modify existing travel plans, handling cash
- Handle guest inquiries
- Manage gate operations and flight closure
- Organize the safe arrival and departure of our guests on and off the aircraft
- Become an airport expert, and manage all other general airport duties as required
Essential qualifications and skills:
- A positive and passionate personality, with the natural ability to communicate with people
- The ability to maintain eye contact and smiling with each of our guests and coworkers
- A demonstrated ability to listen and empathize with our guests’ needs and problems
- A knack for problem solving and multitasking in a fast paced, time-sensitive environment
- A mature approach to work by taking ownership and responsibility in high stress situations
- The ability to recognize one’s mistakes and learn from them
- A commitment to teamwork and working in a fun and friendly atmosphere
- Proven experience in the Customer Service industry
- Ability to obtain an Airport Restricted Area Pass issued by Transport Canada
- Ability to consistently lift luggage of up to 60lbs/28kgs
- Flexibility to work shift work which may include early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays
- A demonstrated proficiency and comfort level with computers, and recent experience working within a Windows based environment
- Ability to successfully complete the Initial Customer Service Agent Course: 3+ weeks of full time in-class training held in Calgary, which will include studying and homework.
- Ability to handle and balance cash transactions
- Fluent in the English language, both oral and written
The Customer Service Agent position is a highly physical role; agents are required to be on their feet for long periods of time. Other physical tasks may include (but are not limited to): assisting wheelchair guests on and off of aircraft, pushing wheelchairs, lifting luggage to baggage belts, organizing odd/large luggage, among many other tasks.
WestJet flies our current fleet of 98 aircraft to 75 destinations across Canada, the US, and the Caribbean. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 8500 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada’s most respected corporate cultures. In 2013 WestJet will be launching a regional carrier that will continue to ensure our amazing growth.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for sending in their resumes. Only those who qualify will be considered for the role. WestJet is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. WestJet's hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. WestJet does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted. Safety comes first at WestJet.
- 11 months ago